The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Hints & Cheats
Item DuplicationTo duplicate your items in the PS3 version of Oblivion do the following:
1) Get two (or more) magic scrolls of the same type (the number of items you duplicate will be the number of scrolls you have).
- The scrolls must NOT be stolen
2) Click on the scroll twice.
3) Then drop the item from your inventory that you want duped.
4) Exit inventory and collect your items.Notes:
- Certain weapons and armor won't work
- The health of the item must be 100 (Get it repaired by an NPC just to be safe)
- The charge on a magical item must be full
Sneak Master GlitchJust like in the PC and 360 version, you can easily get Master Sneak level for some all out plundering and assassinating fun. To do this, simply find a door that doesn't take you to a loading screen when opening it (Fort Urasek has a perfect place for this). Simply go in to sneak, and walk against the door and your level will increase so long as you are not heard. This means that if you are below Journeyman if you sneak too fast you will be heard. All you'll have to do is sneak off until you hear the fight music turn off, then sneak back over and continue. I used a paperclip to hold my joystick forward so I didn't have to hold it myself, and checked back once an hour or half hour to hit X when I got to each next Sneak level, and by morning I was a Master. This opens up plundering fools like no other, as well as most enemies you can keep hitting for 6X damage. If they have high security, or another enemy sees you whacking away at 'em you stand a chance of getting caught, but if you keep sneaking, or better yet put on an invisible spell potion, you can sneak away and they'll lose track of you. I've found that high damage bow and arrow combinations are the best way to never get caught.
Shadowmere StorageAfter acquiring Shadowmere, knock her unconcious. Then search the horse, go to your inventory, and you can place items on her. When you want to retrieve them or place more, just knock her out again.
Getting out of AnvilTo get out of Anvil go to the house with the broken box in front of it. Then jump onto it and then the house. Let your fatique get almost full and get to the part with the wood sticking out. Get a running start and jump on the edge of the next house, but keep running otherwise you will fall, and walk around on the edge until you get on top of the house. Once on top, run and jump until you reach the last house. Jump on top of the brick thing (forgot what its called) then get full fatique again. Run and jump onto the wall surrounding the town. Go to the left until you hit the post type thing and jump over the wall on to a crack or part sticking out (so you won't die from the jump). Slowly go down the wall until you hit the ground outside of Anvil. There will be many "holes" in the ground don't worry you will not fall and die. If done correctly you should be out of Anvil.
Note: I did this with a level 11 high elf with 65 acrobatics.
Walkthroughs & FAQs
Hints & FAQs provided courtesy of GameFAQs.
- Player Reviews: 488
- Game Universe:
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (XBOX, PC),
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC, X360, MOBILE, PS3, PSP),
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine (PC, X360),
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (PC, X360, PS3),
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition (X360, PC, PS3),
- BioShock & The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Bundle (PC, X360),
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Mehrunes' Razor (PC, X360),
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - The Fighter's Stronghold (PC, X360),
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - The Orrery (PC, X360),
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - The Vile Lair (PC, X360)
- Number of Players:
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Navigation