While the quest system is not so innovative, the amazing combat makes up for the experience!

User Rating: 9.5 | TERA PC
Being a hardcore MMO-player for years now I was a bit skeptical at the start of TERA. Seeing so many MMO's fail to deliver in the last years made me think if it was still the right genre for me.

After playing TERA up till level 35 I can say that is was great fun! While the questing system is not that innovative the action based combat makes it up for it 10 times! I don't care if I have to kill 10 lions, heck even give me a quest to kill 100 of them, I'll gladly do it just because of the fun combat. While the difficulty may seem easy at the tutorial island and starter zone don't be fooled by it! After some leveling you will start to encounter world bosses/Big Ass Monster's/Dungeons that offer a great challenge for anyone looking for it.

The PvP is structured around open world PvP/Guild vs Guild/Battlegrounds. This means we can expect some good old-school MMO drama ! Can't wait for the server community to build up a reputation like in the good old days of MMO's. This will create longevity in the game with ever changing server politics and alliance/clan relations. I love how TERA is bringing this back in a even more polished way. They even implemented a fully working Political System !

Technically, the graphics and music are top notch. ++

Pro's:
-Combat system
-Open World PvP/Guild vs Guild
-Polished and fun gameplay
-Graphics
-Sound

Con's:
-Classic questing/progression system
-Open World PvP(for some, you can avoid it by going for a PvE server)

Overall, this game is definitely worth your money. And I can't wait to see what the rest of the game brings!