Disappointed :'(

#1 Posted by Ready4Pickup (21 posts) -

Got the game today and I like it, because it's a Tekken game, but I'm really disappointed.

So Tekken 6 came out in late 2009, they basically had a bit less than 3 years to develop TTT 2. The result is a joke!
Please don't get me wrong, this is only my opinion, but the lack of modes is really the big downside of this game.

The campaign mode in Tekken 6 was cheaply thrown together, but it was a fun mode (like the campaign in Mortal Kombat Deception, which was outstanding for a fighting game!).

There doesn't seem to be as much outfit customization options either in TTT2 compared to T6. Come on! I know you can unlock new outfits and items in ghost mode, but there's still a lot of great stuff missing in TTT2 that were in T6. I checked other boards what people say about the lack of outfits and there's more items etc. planned as DLC(free) in the future. Ohh man... 3 years and they are not able to put more stuff in the new game.

Graphics are only a minor upgrade to T6. I like the motion blur, but again the console game looks nothing like the arcade version :( The stages are ok, most of them are boring.

So the only positive things I can say is:

- I like the crazy stuff that happens in the combot training :)
- Tag moves are fun, and you can do huge combos
- The roster is awesome

But overall it's almost the same as T6

#2 Posted by monster637 (581 posts) -

Some of us tekken fans are just happy that its a tekken with decent online and were fine with that

#3 Posted by HOD4 (23 posts) -

Graphics are only a minor upgrade to T6. I like the motion blur, but again the console game looks nothing like the arcade version :(Ready4Pickup

I agree. The clarity of the picture is much better than Tekken 6, but the graphics themselves are only a minor upgrade. I've only played the arcade version of Tekken 6, but I would have to assume the arcade version of TTT2 looks better in some way.

The stages are ok, most of them are boring.

Totally agree! There are a few stages that are really interesting like the flopping fish on the boat, the rainbow stage, etc. but many are boring like you said. Tekken 6, in my opinion, had more interesting stages overall.

- The roster is awesome

I think the roster is one of the best I've seen in a fighting game. I would prefer if everything were unlocked from the beginning though like most arcade games. It does feel like Tekken 6, but it's obviously an upgrade. TTT2 is like the Super Smash Bros. of the Tekken universe!

Overall I agree with the score Gamespot gave it.

#4 Posted by vengefulwilberg (1636 posts) -

This game is nothing but awesome.  Customization isn't as good as SC 5 and little less than Tekken 6; howeThver it is still fun.

The graphics are a lot better than you say it is.  I haven't seen the arcade version; but when you compare it to Tekken 6 the graphics is more than just minor.  You see a variety of skin textures, the pores, visible veins, blue veins, and even sweat as the battle continues.  The clothes has nice movement and the characters get dirty during battle.

The online netcode is way better than Tekken 6.  It has better endings and plenty of features.  I am not upset over the DLC stuff cause the stuff is free.  This game was supposed to come out in November, so that may be the reason why some things were not added on day one.  This game was long overdue; so this is better than not having it all.  At least the gameplay wasn't Capcomified like Soul Calibur 5.  Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is the best Tekken game to date. 

#8 Posted by vengefulwilberg (1636 posts) -

I am curious to see what other stuff will be added.

#9 Posted by Ready4Pickup (21 posts) -

So nice that you guys didn't instantly bash me for my opinion ;) I just had to get it off my chest somewhere. So obviously people feel the same way as I do.

#10 Posted by DEATH775 (4213 posts) -
The customization just took a step backwards and no replay. I mean seriously no replay. Come on now. Three years and all of a sudden no replay
#11 Posted by Ready4Pickup (21 posts) -

yeaa what a shame!!! :?

#12 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

Hopefully, we'll at least be seeing some more customization packs as DLC.

#13 Posted by WishKairos (128 posts) -

Got the game today and I like it, because it's a Tekken game, but I'm really disappointed.

So Tekken 6 came out in late 2009, they basically had a bit less than 3 years to develop TTT 2. The result is a joke!
Please don't get me wrong, this is only my opinion, but the lack of modes is really the big downside of this game.

The campaign mode in Tekken 6 was cheaply thrown together, but it was a fun mode (like the campaign in Mortal Kombat Deception, which was outstanding for a fighting game!).

There doesn't seem to be as much outfit customization options either in TTT2 compared to T6. Come on! I know you can unlock new outfits and items in ghost mode, but there's still a lot of great stuff missing in TTT2 that were in T6. I checked other boards what people say about the lack of outfits and there's more items etc. planned as DLC(free) in the future. Ohh man... 3 years and they are not able to put more stuff in the new game.

Graphics are only a minor upgrade to T6. I like the motion blur, but again the console game looks nothing like the arcade version :( The stages are ok, most of them are boring.

- The roster is awesome

Ready4Pickup

Ouch, lmaoo not sure if I'd call it a joke, since balancing characters is always an issue and can take quite a long time. But I can see where you're coming from with the lack of modes. But I'm sure that NB realized how poorly recieved SC in T6 was so I'm sure if they ever pull that stunt off again it'll be in a more upgraded fashion... hopefully.

As for customization, I wouldn't worry too much on that subject. I'm sure NB has plans for that. It's still counted as day 1 release for TTT2 until a patch / update / dlc come out. so if anything I'm liking this better then T6 already. and T6 has had 4 years of development on it.. Butttt, then again.. I agree with you in the fact that I want customization Items already :(

I agree with the arcade graphics, being better in terms of graphics. Motion blur helps a lot with the console edition. to keep it looking up to par with arcade.

And yes I agree with your positives. but I'll also note that I like how much the online significantly improved over day1 T6. and Arcade if somewhat challenging :).

Still considering the games of 2012, this is golden.

#14 Posted by grvalentine (30 posts) -

what i'm truly dissapointed in is how much they let players be able to spam, it kills me when i play with some idiot online repeating the same moves and i sometimes can do nothing about it. bloody idiotic juggling and spamming, i don't play it as much as i thought i would have, bugs me. and what the hell is wrong with Jun? is she on some drug? bloody hell she's always spamming  and repeating the same moves in Final stage, along with Unknown, utter **** this game is

#15 Posted by TheJessMan (48 posts) -

I'm mostly dissapointed about how much emphasis is put on juggling.  Tekken Tag was the best fighting game ever made (in my opinion).  Sure there were 10 hits and chain grabs, but you still had a chance to block or counter if you got hit with one.  With TTT2 I feel like if I get caught with the silghtest thing I'm floating in the air helpless until half of my life (or more) is gone.  Tekken Bowl would have been an awesome addition also.  

#16 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

Yeah, I have to admit they went a little overboard with the juggling in the last couple of Tekken games.

#17 Posted by WSXEDC1 (31 posts) -

I blame the graphics on 7 year old consoles :p. But all in all I think the improved netcode makes the game.

#18 Posted by daveisthemusic (7 posts) -

I'm really surprised anyone has anything bad to say about this game whatsoever.

Apart from maybe perhaps not being able to pair play in ghost battle. Apart from yes, maybe that, the game is perfect.