Arcade vs. Console Version? (graphically)

#1 Posted by SharinganEye007 (12 posts) -

Hey guys (and girls^^),

do any of you know of graphical differences between the 2?

We get exclusive characters of course, but it would be a shame if it didnt look as good

as the arcades.

It was the same thing with tekken 6 back then, the arcade looked quite a bit better :/

maybe im imagining things, but i seem to notice it now too.

Agree?/Disagree?/Inform?

thanks

#2 Posted by TAMKFan (32846 posts) -

It looks about the same to me.

#3 Posted by SharinganEye007 (12 posts) -

Lets hope your right on that

#4 Posted by meedokicky (264 posts) -

I have played TTT2 prologue on PS3, and what can I tell you is the graphics are way better than T6 on ps3! ;)

I don't think they're gonna be as good as arcade graphics though, but still better than T6 did.

#5 Posted by Nok_Su_Kow (19 posts) -
You'll probably have more aliasing on console versions, bit more slowdown in some cases perhaps.
#6 Posted by Danymoon (31 posts) -

Well, as much as i can see, there are lots of improvements....specially on skin effects.....depends on your TV and how you adjust it, but you might notice that the skin of the characters are not just plain white, brown or darker as before.....it has some akin-pigments and it makes it look more natural......you can have a close look to their faces or arms on the Intro before the fight starts....in my opinion in general, it looks much better than T6......im really excited about it. I have both consoles at home, but as i bought the ps3 at the end and im using it more often, i ordered a copy for ps3 first.......remember, is always better for ps3 users to adjust everything directly on your Hd tv cause you will get the BEST, no RGB or super-white......or whatever topics they had......it also makes the processing slower.....

Cheers

#7 Posted by HOD4 (23 posts) -

Hey guys (and girls^^),

do any of you know of graphical differences between the 2?

We get exclusive characters of course, but it would be a shame if it didnt look as good

as the arcades.

It was the same thing with tekken 6 back then, the arcade looked quite a bit better :/

maybe im imagining things, but i seem to notice it now too.

Agree?/Disagree?/Inform?

thanks

SharinganEye007

Though I do not have much experience with TTT2, I do know what you're saying about how Tekken 6 looked on consoles. I am lucky enough to have a Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion arcade machine near me, and it is crisp and ultra-clear unlike its console counterpart. The graphics on the console version of Tekken 6 were terrible compared to the arcade version.

It's ironic though because the arcade version of Tekken 6 runs on hardware that is identical to the PS3 so you would think they would be able to port it exactly as it looked in arcades. I would guess the only differences between Namco's "arcade PS3" and the home console PS3 are maybe some ports or adapter boards added on for arcade use (which has no bearing on graphics). My guess is that since the Xbox 360 was involved, the graphics were dumbed down on the PS3 version simply because they wanted both to look the same. Had Tekken 6 been a PS3 exlusive, I would assume the graphics would be generally the same as the arcade version considering the game was already on PS3 hardware.

I hope Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will looks as good as the arcade. One thing that may get in the way is that the arcade version of TTT2 uses "Namco System 369" instead of "System 357". 357 is the PS3-based board, and 369 is assumed to be the same board but with some sort of upgrade. So I hope home consoles can match the arcade even though this upgraded system may be even more powerful.

#8 Posted by UnitFoxHound (491 posts) -

The arcade version is less jagged, in fact it looks very smooth and has much more superior picture quality wise than the console version. It was the same with Tekken 6. Not to say it's a bad thing, I'm sure Namco tried their best and as far as game play goes it should not make a difference as long as you just enjoy the game rather than scrutinizing every pixel and frame :)