Tekken revolution isn't really free...

#1 Posted by thekazumalord (145 posts) -

i just played it and it's only free it you wanna wait like an hour between matches for arcade mode and online play( you can play two playthroughs through arcade moce before you have to wait an hour)  .. if you don't wanna wait, you gotta pay real money.... how nice.. what do the rest of you think about this game being advertised as free when it's not really?

#2 Posted by brudog56 (1 posts) -
Dude! Namco is not running a charity; they've got to try & make a profit. F2P is always used as a gateway to get people to spend real money.
#3 Posted by gamepro0062 (365 posts) -

To be honest, I'm really not surprised. It may be F2P for the first few matches or so but after that, they will ask for you to pay up.

#4 Posted by Azubedo (2 posts) -

To be honest, I'm really not surprised. It may be F2P for the first few matches or so but after that, they will ask for you to pay up.

gamepro0062
Wrong this is a casual game where you play a few matches then take a break. If you don't want to break and HAVE to play more then you pay. No part of this game is there a need to put money in
#5 Posted by dizzyrhino (885 posts) -

I've just been playing this for the last half hour and experienced none of this.

#6 Posted by Csdabest89 (14 posts) -

I laugh if you think Play stations Misconception will stop here

#7 Posted by thekazumalord (145 posts) -

if it wasn't really gonig to be free then they shouldn't have advertised it as such..i f i wanted to pay or a tekken game i'd go buy the most recent tekken game for a one time fee and play as much as i want without extra fees..

#8 Posted by hippiesanta (9732 posts) -
It's free and I already got trophies .... thats what matter
#9 Posted by MasterX666 (364 posts) -

I won 10 matches in a row! Everytime you win when having no coins left, you get a ticket. SO as long as you keep winning you get tickets to keep playing... I am taking advantage that there is alot of noobs that downloaded it, so i'm boosting my characters very quickly!

#10 Posted by BryanParksSuper (699 posts) -

[QUOTE="brudog56"]Dude! Namco is not running a charity; they've got to try & make a profit. F2P is always used as a gateway to get people to spend real money.[/QUOTE

first off Shut Your Mouth kid!! 2nd Namco Bandai is just baiting gamers to make real $$$ purchases to even play Arcade. I can understand using this Coin System for Online MP but not freaking Arcade. This is wrong and not every F2P game has the developer charging for Single Player. Because you have no ideawhat your talking about....you shouldn't be posting....Go on run along now and sit in the corner for a timeout. 

#11 Posted by BryanParksSuper (699 posts) -

It's free and I already got trophies .... thats what matterhippiesanta

trophies don't make a game little boy. Go sit in the corner with the other guy for being stupid. 

#12 Posted by Diernes (377 posts) -

You get at least 1 premium ticket a day, as well as 5 free plays. So if you don't lose your ticket you don't have to pay anything and can play indefinately.

In other words Learn not to suck. Completely free.

#13 Posted by souther_hill (74 posts) -

i just played it and it's only free it you wanna wait like an hour between matches for arcade mode and online play( you can play two playthroughs through arcade moce before you have to wait an hour)  .. if you don't wanna wait, you gotta pay real money.... how nice.. what do the rest of you think about this game being advertised as free when it's not really?

thekazumalord

Meh, just play TTT2. ;)

#14 Posted by Rifee_ (1 posts) -
well yeah, it a F2P game. Almost all F2P games have some sort of payment option for helping you out in your game, it's just not mandatory. What I like about this, as some old school tekken players have touched upon allready, is they perfect way which this simulates an arcade experience (aside from the lag ofc). It litterally FORCED you to become better through punishing you for losing. Lose enough and you can't play for a while, unless you want to spend your hard earned cash. Matches become more exiting and serious, and you HAVE to learn from your experience. no more button mashin, you won't get to play that way :P I love it, allthough TTT2 is way better ofc.
#15 Posted by toane (25 posts) -

I downloaded and tried playing the game for the past two days, and I'd like it a lot better if the system was a little more lax- at least, allowing more arcades to kill time between recharges. I found myself booting tekken 6 to practice boundless juggles in a prolonged playthrough, which is silly. And no, I have never run out of tickets, I am sitting at 3 with many gambles; it just puts a lot of stress on me, I don't enjoy those games.
The correct mindset behind F2P is people playing the game freely, growing to love it, and then choosing to support it. It's not really wise to impose such off-putting restrictions right from the start.
In my opinion they could make a lot more money if they adopted simple applied and very successful policies.
For example, they could have a slightly bigger base character pool, but with a limited F2P rotation on reasonable intervals. Then, make characters unlockable with scalable ingame currency, psn credit, or special conditions (I cherish the days when unlocking dr.bosconovitch was a major accomplishment). That way newcomers can strive to learn the basics of various characters, settle with the fighter they prefer, unlock him/her, and work from there.
Also, I don't know how they missed the opportunity to add custom clothing for money, considering the insane customization options in the previous games.
---
TLDR~ The ways to monetize are there, no need to be so strict with your playerbase.

#16 Posted by Lionheart199020 (21 posts) -

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]It's free and I already got trophies .... thats what matterBryanParksSuper

trophies don't make a game little boy. Go sit in the corner with the other guy for being stupid. 

The irony in the guy that is acting childish, yet calling other people prepubescents. And your argument for why single player should be free 100% of the time is moot. They can damn well do what they please with their game, and no matter how you look at it, if you're able to play it free without paying money, even if you have to wait an amount of time to play it again, it's FREE. If you really want your Tekken fix so bad, go play one of the other games, or become one of those tryhard no lifes who spend all their time perfecting the way they play a video game. Otherwise, find something more constructive to do than whining about how everything in the world isn't handed to you for free.

#17 Posted by BLBxLakers24 (1716 posts) -

LMAO this is a free game. You're trying to say its not free when CLEARLY it is. Just because its not would you would like. I Have 80% Of The Trophies, Diciple rank online & have never payed a dime. If You win you dont have to pay. i have plenty of coins.... The topic creator is clearly just a whiner, anybody good at this game has never had to pay a dime... and dude ur upset you have to pay 99cent for 4 coins if you LOSE THE FREE ONES that were given to you? get real dude.

#18 Posted by rahl247 (1607 posts) -

better to have to buy the new characters and outfits then the way they did it.

#19 Posted by -Raven (1055 posts) -

People still play this?