Do you actually buy items or wait for drops?

#1 Posted by Fragnarok (204 posts) -

I've been playing TF2 since it came out on Steam and come back to it time to time when there is a major update. So far I've never used their cash shop, but have tried the trading and crafting systems.

Before these systems were even in place I flat out abused drops. Yup, I was one of the many who missed out on the first wave of the "Cheater's Lament". Though I later got one from the Poly-Count bug.

#2 Posted by vguy555 (4625 posts) -

I've traded many items, not a big fan of crafting for hats though.  So far, I've only bought 1 thing from the store(a map stamp) and that was because I wanted to upgrade my account.

#3 Posted by Gelugon_baat (21271 posts) -

I trade when I can. Otherwise it's the waiting game.

I am very patient. ;)

#4 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -
Well I have my strange Natascha, sandvich, a direct hit, wrangler and a Bill's hat. More than I need. Never bought a thing from store. Trading, I do a lot
#6 Posted by -Tophy- (25 posts) -
If I buy stuff, Its with metal I've earned in game. I've bought keys on a few occasions, one time I unboxed an Unusual Hat (which was worth 2 buds) and on another I got an Strange Widowmaker (was worth 8 keys at the time). It's safe to say I more than got my monies worth.
#7 Posted by illuminatirexx (5993 posts) -
I just wait for drops, its not worth buying a thing.