The Best Mario Since the N64

User Rating: 9.5 | Super Mario Galaxy WII
When I bought my Wii, the one game that Gamestop had left was Super Mario Galaxy (the only new copy at least). I had heard it was good so I bought it. This game is stunning. The game itself is a technical feat for the Wii and bundled with great controls, sweet power-ups, and the best platforming I've seen in a long time. As far as graphics go, these are some of the best on the system and it can run in 480p. It's still not HD, but, come on, do you really buy a Mario game for the realism? Gameplay is top notch and reminds you of Super Mario 64 but doesn't need that nostalgia to carry the game. The new gravity effects can be mind-boggling at first, but after a few stars, it'll be second nature. New power ups include: Fire Mario (from past games), Ice Mario (feels great to skate around on water and can be lots of fun to just goof off), Bee Mario (easily the most novel), Ghost Mario (Boo and Mario UNITE!!!), Spring Mario (hard to control, but very whimsical), a brand new Flying Mario (unfortunately, no raccoon tail or ears), and Rainbow Mario (think of the old invincibility star). The only problem with the power-ups is that a few of them (particularly Boo Mario) aren't used hardly at all. However, they all add to the freshness and overall variety of the game. The only gripe I have with this game otherwise is the fact that every time you load a game, no matter how many lives you've collected previously, you only get four lives. Overall, this game is easily my favorite platformer on the Wii and is one of my favorite games this generation. All Wii owners, go and get this game now, you owe it to yourself.