Street Fighter II: The World Warrior Question
- Posted by YOUR_BASE
- on Aug 5, 2008 5:02 am GMT
How can I get good at Street Fighter?
- Posted by kirkinout
- on Aug 5, 2008 5:37 am GMT
Start with Street Fighter II. Ryu and Ken are the standard characters to try and become good with first. Their moveset is probably the most simple out of any other character's. To get good, I'd say start on a low difficulty and try to beat the arcade mode, and then just increase the difficulty until you find it challenging.
I have found that the original SF2 on Capcom Classics Collection 1 is a great place to start. The moves are simple compared to the later games, and the characters only have 2-3 moves each (many of which have the same or very similar motions.)
The three versions of SF2 on Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 (PS2) and SSF2T (on CCCv2 for PS2) have practice modes. I'd assume the same applies for the XBox and PSP CCC games, as well, although I can't verify it personally.
Try to stay with one character. It's better to be very good with one than average with all. I recommend starting with SF2 with Ryu.
Adding to what everyone said, keep in mind you must practice a LOT.
Walkthroughs & FAQs
|Other||Street Fighter Plot Guide by vasili10 and Tiamat||1651K|
|Short Move List||Short Move List by Bmuig||3K|
|Other||Dip Switches FAQ by Fatal Zapper||14K|
|Character Guide||Guile by ColdShadow86||5K|
|Character Guide||Guile Anomaly by MShields||11K|
|Character Guide||Ryu/Ken by RCarlos||3K|
|Other||Glitch FAQ by DDaniels||16K|
|FAQ/Move List||FAQ/Move List by PStroffolino||82K|
|Character Guide||Zangief by JCulbert||149K|
|Other||Newbie FAQ by Infinity Danc||7K|
|Combo FAQ||Combo FAQ by lhuynh||25K|
|Other||TZW Video #7 Combos by SF2Freak||45K|
|Character Guide||E. Honda by RCarlos||2K|
- Player Reviews: 4
- Game Universe:
- Marvel vs. Capcom (DC, PS, ARC),
- Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (GBC, PC, SAT, ARC, ZB),
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS, DC, GBA, ARC, SAT),
- Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO (GC, XBOX),
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2, XBOX, ARC, DC, X360, PS3, IP),
- SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom (NEO, PS2, XBOX),
- Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2, XBOX),
- Capcom Fighting Evolution (PS2, XBOX, ARC),
- Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PS, SAT, PC, ARC, SNES, MOBILE),
- X-Men vs. Street Fighter (PS, SAT, ARC)
Street Fighter II Navigation