Tips for "Bloaters"?

#1 Posted by Regression (292 posts) -

So my wife just watched her Marcus die for the first time on the first Wilkinson mission because she ran into her first fat boy.  He's the only zombie so far I couldn't give her any advice on, so I just kinda helplessly watched her be torn in half.  I'm trying really hard not to give her pointers and advice because that would get annoying, and she needs to experience these failures like we all have because that's how you learn.  However, it was Marcus, and he has all the stats which are not carried over to others, so she just started over.

Ferals I just run over if there's a car around.  The acid guys I just shoot in the stomach from far away.  So what's the strategy for the fatties?

#2 Posted by y3ivan (535 posts) -
you meant juggernaut/Big Un? As far as the special zombies, juggernaut are the hardest to dispatch and you have to constantly keep an eye on him and dodge his oncoming charge attack. So far the easiest option would be ramming him with a vehicle, get out and finish him with (RB) + (Y) or ram him twice with the vehicle while sacrificing that vehicle in the process. Player have about 5* sec to active execution on him when its under "stun"/"down" condition. Other options: 1. Shoot the head x5 with pistol or x3 with 7.56 rifle - works well in a barricaded house since it cant get inside buildings* (some cases he could get it) 2. Melee - involves well timed dodge (B) to side when he is charging towards you. Juggernaut will be tired after the charge, now its a good time to hit him with a melee weapon (Heavy weapon deal the most damage, followed by blunt and edge). If you managed to deal sufficient damage (Heavy 1-2 hits/ blunt 3-5 hits / edge 4-7 hits*) he will be in a brief "stun"/"down" state when he is crouching down, then quickly perform the execution move. If he manage to get up, back off as he will perform a AOE ground slam and perform the next charge. If its done properly you will dispatch him in a mere 6 sec. *NOTE: If you are planing to melee juggernaut, always bring 1 melee weapon (prefer blunt), 1 painkiller, 2 snack bars, 2 petrol bomb (for zed crowd control).
#3 Posted by tomkat69pc (977 posts) -

2 x molotovs should do it

bad thing is: your allies always want to fight them head on and never get out of the way - so you lose a little bit of trust when flaming both ..

another bad thing is: big backpacks are rare (what were the devs thinking?) so you have to think twice over your  equipment - need guns for stinkys and screamers, need molotovs for fattys, need coke and an unbreakable weapon for all the other idiots ..

#4 Posted by nm15 (356 posts) -

How do you take out the Jugger with a vehicle? I'm trying to get the achievement for killing the freak zombies with a car. He's the only one left. I completely destroyed 4 vehicles continually ramming one and it wouldn't die.

#5 Posted by y3ivan (535 posts) -

How do you take out the Jugger with a vehicle? I'm trying to get the achievement for killing the freak zombies with a car. He's the only one left. I completely destroyed 4 vehicles continually ramming one and it wouldn't die.

nm15

i m not particular sure that different cars having different damage. As far i know it only require 2 rams "in a sucession" from most vehicles. First ram will stun it, and 2nd ram will finished it.

GUIDE:

http://youtu.be/PDDG9eEZLAg

#6 Posted by nm15 (356 posts) -

Thanks for the vid link.  Looks like I need to hit him one last time to completely set the car on fire and explode.  I was only hitting him until the car initially caught on fire.