My game continues on after shutdown

#1 Posted by reaperwii (7 posts) -
When I shut down my 360 after playing state of decay for a while and then get back on it say tomorrow the game seems to have continued without me actually on it because my moral was almost all the way down. So i was just wondering if anybody is having this problem and knows how to fix it if so please leave how to fix this problem in the comments thanks :)
#2 Posted by ace_sw85 (41 posts) -

It's a part of the game- the game simulation will continue while you are away.  People will continue doing runs, may get lost, etc.

#3 Posted by reaperwii (7 posts) -
so what i could just get back on and everyone be dead and that's just game over???
#4 Posted by metrovich (699 posts) -

The recent update stopped playable characters from being killed while not playing, as well as some other fixes.

#5 Posted by The-Neon-Seal (40 posts) -

That'show it's supposed to work. It isn't a problem. Like Animal Crossing, but with zombies and grusome death.

#6 Posted by highlanderjimd (5 posts) -

That'show it's supposed to work. It isn't a problem. Like Animal Crossing, but with zombies and grusome death.

The-Neon-Seal

lol love that line dude. hehe

#7 Posted by nm15 (356 posts) -

I love this game, but this is one thing that just drives me nuts about this game.  If you have a life outside of xbox and can't play for a few days, you're penelized heavily.  I've left the game with a huge stockpile of materials, only to come back with nearly nothing left and morale severely low.  So, that forces you to grind it out gathering resources for the next hour or so just to get back up, before you can even make progress in the actual storyline.  This needs an option.  I'm sure some people like it, but I'm not one of them.

#8 Posted by Darko27 (14 posts) -

tottaly agree with you. we still have a life, we cant play everyday!

#9 Posted by burback2 (289 posts) -

Agreed. I played through the trial and liked it so I bought the full version. Once I realized the game goes on when Im not playing I was completely turned off. I don't want to play video games everyday and to me I should get to experience and play the goings on. Not the game playing itself.

#10 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

It's a part of the game- the game simulation will continue while you are away. People will continue doing runs, may get lost, etc.ace_sw85

I don't care that it's part of the game or that just how it is meant to be. It is should be an option to turn on/off, because I want it off as it ruins the game for me and I will not play it again until it is fixed or updated in a patch.

#11 Posted by SilentFireX (1951 posts) -

[QUOTE="ace_sw85"]It's a part of the game- the game simulation will continue while you are away. People will continue doing runs, may get lost, etc.ghstbstr

I don't care that it's part of the game or that just how it is meant to be. It is should be an option to turn on/off, because I want it off as it ruins the game for me and I will not play it again until it is fixed or updated in a patch.

It's not going to be "fixed". That's a big feature of the game which was well publicized before release. Try looking at a game before you buy it next time?
#12 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

[QUOTE="ace_sw85"]It's a part of the game- the game simulation will continue while you are away. People will continue doing runs, may get lost, etc.SilentFireX

It's not going to be "fixed". That's a big feature of the game which was well publicized before release. Try looking at a game before you buy it next time?

I knew exactly what I was buying way before I bought it, and the so called crappy as all hell feature wasn't listed or even talked about before the game was released. It is a glitch that probably happen and the developers have no idea on how to fix and left it in and released the game any ways, that is my guess.

So it would help if you knew what you were talking before posting.

#14 Posted by jlhetrick (4 posts) -
I posted in another place (just now) asking if anyone has tried removing the hard-drive while not playing to see if that keeps the game AI from killing your progress?
#15 Posted by tobykennedy (36 posts) -

[QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

[QUOTE="ace_sw85"]It's a part of the game- the game simulation will continue while you are away. People will continue doing runs, may get lost, etc.ghstbstr

I knew exactly what I was buying way before I bought it, and the so called crappy as all hell feature wasn't listed or even talked about before the game was released. It is a glitch that probably happen and the developers have no idea on how to fix and left it in and released the game any ways, that is my guess.

So it would help if you knew what you were talking before posting.

Emmmmm how would that be a glitch they could not fix. If you read the journal it tells you exactly what happened when you were away. So no, it is not a glitch and very much part of the game,SO it would help if you know what you were talking about before you post