do these 2 characters always die? *possible spoiler*

#1 Posted by meatgrinderz (1327 posts) -

I drove up to the courthouse for the mission when zombie get into it and it said "judge lawton and carl are dead" before i could get out of my car. :-/ is there any way to save them or do they always die?

#2 Posted by nm15 (356 posts) -

I actually just did that one.. Dead for me too..

#3 Posted by jimbo7up (289 posts) -

I believe they always die, just part of the linear story.  Would have been nice to save Carl.  Judge should have been exiled, then come back to the area later and she's a Zed.  

They missed a unique story opportunity there where survivors were talking about the judge not going hungry but they were.  "Civil Unrest at the Courthouse" Mission - Judge gets exiled, Carl takes over, you have the option to join at the courthouse later on with Carl saying, "I'm just a cop, these people need a leader," and possibly give a nod to Walking Dead where he talks about how his dad Rick would've handled this.

#4 Posted by meatgrinderz (1327 posts) -

Agreed Jimbo I thought there would have been more story there.

#5 Posted by Archaicstigma (166 posts) -

I don't think they died for me, although I could be wrong, because I know I got some survivors from there. I was going to say Ed can die if you don't act fast enough. What I wasn't sure of is if the Pastor and Alan I think it is have to get sick?