Love this game - it's what Master of Orion 3 SHOULD have been.

#1 Posted by nycnightowl (3 posts) -

So far I'm really excited about this game.  Playing the beta now.  The interface is a bit clunky, hoping that's fixed by the final release.

I must say, the more I play this, the more I'm getting a throw back to Master Of Orion 2.  The third one pretty much sucked.  We'll just pretend it didn't happen, like that movie Highlander 2.  LOL

Seriously though, I'm very excited for the final release.

#2 Posted by Mocker2004 (2 posts) -

I agree MOO3 is best forgotton, and Highlander 2 has to be one of the worst movies of all time. I swear I felt 20 IQ Points shrivel and die in the opening soliloquy alone.

I'll be sure to check this one out. I loved Master of Orion 1 & 2.

#3 Posted by jirka_w (3 posts) -

I have to disagree with both of you (and probably majority of MOO fans), the MOO 3 was the best 4X game I ever played. I am desperatelly waiting for any better game (or at least better than MOO 1 or MOO 2).

Has anybody tried to play StarDrive on the highest difficulty? How many hours did you need to win on the max difficulty?

#4 Posted by Simplythebest12 (28 posts) -

I have to disagree with both of you (and probably majority of MOO fans), the MOO 3 was the best 4X game I ever played. I am desperatelly waiting for any better game (or at least better than MOO 1 or MOO 2).

Has anybody tried to play StarDrive on the highest difficulty? How many hours did you need to win on the max difficulty?

jirka_w

The AI cheats at max difficulty. It is extremely competitive but i would not recommend it since i hate any kind of cheating

#5 Posted by nailfoot (2377 posts) -

[QUOTE="jirka_w"]

Simplythebest12

The AI cheats at max difficulty. It is extremely competitive but i would not recommend it since i hate any kind of cheating

The developer has stated the AI does NOT cheat, but does get bonuses in order to compete with a human (On higher difficulty). Perhaps the AI getting bonuses is a form of cheating and this may just be splitting hairs.

Personally, cheating to me is if the AI were to be able to colonize without building ships, produce massive armies with not maintenance cost, instantly spawn a large fleet or massive amount of troops. Simply getting bonuses to production or research just doesn't ring the same tone as "cheating". That simply simulates that the AI has better management or better production facilities than you. In much the same way one country may be able to massively outproduce another here on Earth. Not really cheating, just better conditions. The higher producing country STILL has to produce. Can't snap its fingers and hit the WIN button.

#6 Posted by rasta2k (3 posts) -

I didnt play on the highest setting brutal, but already hard gives me a good time.
I dont know if its as good as moo2 in its time but i guarantee you its nearly as much fun.
What concerns me is the lacking multiplayer

#7 Posted by JasonBroady (60 posts) -
the game is a beast love it... _________________________________ PC Gaming | Far Cry 3 | FPS Games
#8 Posted by dan6807 (1 posts) -
What universe are you from and please return to it. MOO3 was the worst game I ever bought.
#9 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19510 posts) -

The lot of you should keep in mind this saying:

"Your mileage may vary."