Review?

#1 Posted by Nexrad (441 posts) -

Are they going to do a review on this? Every site i go to has like no information about a Review on this. Seems weird there is nothing.

Anyone know?

#2 Posted by davidsworld3 (3043 posts) -

Likely since its the next starcraft expansion doing a big review sometimes it takes a week after it's been out for them to do the full review treatment. I was disappointed with the last game so not sure if I will bother getting this one, the online mp for me is no fun just a bunch of rushing you never have to build more than one or 2 units at all just mass produce cheap units.

#3 Posted by Surfacingkun (1 posts) -
Just mass cheap units?You must be a noob if you just lose to rushes...
#5 Posted by neobita (258 posts) -
you own mr davids! well, you still would even without those uncalled for words, easy on the swears man...
#6 Posted by davidsworld3 (3043 posts) -

Well maybe because thats the dumbass response I get everytime.  I happen to not like the way people play on the servers. I dont always want to have to rush or defend against a rush every damn time, so when I used to play the game I would just play with other players online but against hard bots.

Its boring and I doubt the single player is long enough to warrant a 60 dollar purchase.

#7 Posted by vunacar (691 posts) -

Well maybe because thats the dumbass response I get everytime.  I happen to not like the way people play on the servers. I dont always want to have to rush or defend against a rush every damn time, so when I used to play the game I would just play with other players online but against hard bots.

Its boring and I doubt the single player is long enough to warrant a 60 dollar purchase.

davidsworld3

You are aware that this is a competitive game? Perhaps people should just let you win, maybe then you would like it. Also, educate yourself before calling other people dumbasses, as the game does not cost 60$. 

#8 Posted by boruta01 (191 posts) -
ahhh butthurt nerdrage.... so refreshing...
#9 Posted by theaznfish (537 posts) -

Someone summarized mp quite well. "Sc1 professional players, mad macro with mad micro.  Sc2 build 2 giant balls of units, whichever is destroyed = loser"

#10 Posted by davidsworld3 (3043 posts) -

I did buy it today but regret it. I happen to have a problem accessing my email it wont work so gotta call mediacom which is a pain with them. I like how the older games let you play online or not. I hate how you have to have online for games anymore, it's just frustrating. It might be a decent game but I still think they could have done way better.

Sorry my expectations of this new starcraft series was so much higher after how amazing the original ones were, I figured by 2013 would be way more life like but its still quite slow, the map sizes are still pretty small considering how much bigger other games like supreme commander are.

Shame supreme commander turned into a small sized game because they wanted to make sure console could play it...*shakes head* Pc games used to be amazing back in the day.

#11 Posted by davidsworld3 (3043 posts) -
ahhh butthurt nerdrage.... so refreshing...boruta01
Oh please I'm hardly raging I'm just giving my opinion I dont turn red faced after a defeat or smash my keyboard I'm quite calm even when complaining. This game isn't my life like it is for others. So dude getting off at someone being disappointed with a game is pretty immature. Though so was my first response so my apologies. None of you probably have a real career job, married or have a really nice car and house, or even married, so dont act like you are better than me because you happen to spend hundreds of hours on one game. I still play the old nes games on rare occassion depending on if I'm in a mood for retro gaming.
#12 Posted by vunacar (691 posts) -

[QUOTE="boruta01"]ahhh butthurt nerdrage.... so refreshing...davidsworld3
Oh please I'm hardly raging I'm just giving my opinion I dont turn red faced after a defeat or smash my keyboard I'm quite calm even when complaining. This game isn't my life like it is for others. So dude getting off at someone being disappointed with a game is pretty immature. Though so was my first response so my apologies. None of you probably have a real career job, married or have a really nice car and house, or even married, so dont act like you are better than me because you happen to spend hundreds of hours on one game. I still play the old nes games on rare occassion depending on if I'm in a mood for retro gaming.

It's funny that you are married and have a carrear, because you act like a 8 year old kid who cannot get over the 40$ he borrowed from his grandma to play the game. Get over yourself, people love the game, nobody cares about you.

#13 Posted by bleizas (1 posts) -

Since there's no pirate version with working crack (there's a not very simple workaruod) Gamespot can't review HotS. They made a few budget cuts, so, make do with what you have (top skyrim mods of the week lol). 

#14 Posted by PipeBigboss (213 posts) -

The review is it up, and yes the story isn't that great I agree

#15 Posted by AncientDozer (8129 posts) -
No, but Proxying was obnoxious.
#16 Posted by AncientDozer (8129 posts) -

The review is it up, and yes the story isn't that great I agree

PipeBigboss
It was a disappointment. As with mass effect, so too is Starcraft throwing potential away.
#17 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19510 posts) -

It was a disappointment. As with mass effect, so too is Starcraft throwing potential away.AncientDozer

There really was not any potential to be had with Starcraft lore in the first place, if you are aware of the "inspirations" for its designs.

To elaborate, the lore was a knock-off of Warhammer 40K's.

#18 Posted by AncientDozer (8129 posts) -

[QUOTE="AncientDozer"]It was a disappointment. As with mass effect, so too is Starcraft throwing potential away.Gelugon_baat

There really was not any potential to be had with Starcraft lore in the first place, if you are aware of the "inspirations" for its designs.

To elaborate, the lore was a knock-off of Warhammer 40K's.

Hey Baat! Long time. You know I know about that theory and I agree with it, but that doesn't mean they don't have the potential to be different or try something new. They just squandered it is all.