Looks just as lame

#1 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

Hmm so 3 years and it still looks cartoony, plays the same and overall comes off cheap.

Yeah I'm not hopping aboard on this one or the next. Better to get it when it's super cheap.

I really think they could have done amazing things with this franchise but they are too greedy for cash to want to spend it on a triple A title console version for the series and make something closer to red alert generals kind of open ended strategy gaming.

I really dont get why people love blizzard so much, they take forever to do anything, and it usually disappoints in some way. Their games never look the best, they are playing on your child hood memories with the games.

#2 Posted by CommandoAgent (770 posts) -

So i guess you havent played the series then.

#3 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

Why do people always assume the worst? I've played them all. I like the original starcraft games the best. Everything has such a good balance in those games and overall just more fun. Not a fan of the look in these newer ones, too cartoony. Also dont like the mp in these.

#4 Posted by BongMonkey (190 posts) -

I agree.  Spent alot of time with Starcraft 2 for the first 6 months but ultimately didn't find it all that good.  Blizzard isn't what they used to be. (before wow)  I thought Diablo 3 was lame too.

#5 Posted by erMonezza (355 posts) -

Well, I see there are others that share my same opinion. Kind of reassuring.

Blizz was a good game company. I think the money influx from WoW robbed them of that something they had that made them great.

cheers

#6 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

That made no sense at all dude.

Sorry I might still get it its not gonna come close to breaking the bank, but I will wait for a review.

#7 Posted by 2bitSmOkEy (2713 posts) -

Well, I see there are others that share my same opinion. Kind of reassuring.

Blizz was a good game company. I think the money influx from WoW robbed them of that something they had that made them great.

cheers

erMonezza

Yup.  Gross company.  (sup david kim, fu.  Keep invading my privacy some more ****)

#8 Posted by lordxor (9 posts) -

Then don't play it. Stop whining like a child.

#9 Posted by ratavaquera (731 posts) -
It looks cartoony? I think it's one of the best visual styles for RTS. Even Age of Empires 3 looked cartoony from the 2D -> 3D jump. Red Alert looks cartoony too. Almost every RTS looks cartoony because it's not possible to use high-res textures for small 3D models. And SC wins because of the vissual effects, transparent objects, explosions, meat flying,etc ( and all the different death animations).
#10 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

It's an opinion. Of course others will think differently, I was hoping for a really awesome single player but others even are saying it sucks. A waste of money oh well. I got it to burn though thanks to a great career job, and of course having a wife that makes a lot of money too that helps too lol.

#11 Posted by Gundamned_Wing (404 posts) -

TC I think you're an idiot.

A triple-A console version of StarCraft 2?
That wouldn't even be playable due to the fact that RTS games rely heavily on the precision of a mouse and the convenience of HOTKEYS.

Ever try playing SC2 with mouse only? It really sucks. Yet controllers would suck even more.

Halo Wars tried to innovate RTS on consoles, which is commendable since they kind of did.
However It's still incredibly awkward to play compared to a keyboard/mouse setup.

RTS just do not work on consoles. 

#12 Posted by marksmith654 (1 posts) -
What are you talking about. The game is totally worth it. Here i found this file sharing site that allows you to download the game for FREE. I don't really like giving this away, but i cannot begin to think they don't like starcraft. Try it before you decide. Go to http://cleanfiles.net/?P5tmTVP
#13 Edited by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one who refuses to kiss blizzards ass or appease the hardcore fans by shutting my mouth, not that I go around screaming hatred over the game. I just dont play it. For strategy games anymore it's star trek fleet operations.

I thank you guys for being cool with me and not flaming me for my opinion. It is a shame this new starcraft series doesn't feel or look new. cgi is no longer enough to impress me, anyways can do this.