Well it was fun, but unfortunately I am moving on...

#1 Posted by Mighty-Lu-Bu (1500 posts) -

Now I have been one of the biggest supporters of The Old Republic and that still holds true to today, but I am very displeased with the lack of inital features that should have been in the game at launch. So maybe EA pushed Bioware to release a half finished project or maybe Bioware itself screwed up, but nonetheless I refuse to play a game just feels incomplete. Don't get me wrong, its an awesome game, but I just feel like the game feels incomplete. When you are launching your first MMO you want to get a feel for the market and look at what features other MMOs have and include similar features at launch so people will say "Cool, TOR had this feature at launch and WoW didn't even have it until 4 years after launch, I can't wait to see what they come up with next!" Unfortunately that was never the case and I often found myself questioning Bioware's strategy. Really? A group finder, 6 months after launch? Shouldn't have that been included? Really, no character appearance changes? Really? No way to change your class (advanced class). Really? 7 months after launch and no chat bubbles of any kind which have been included in nearly every single MMO to date. 

It frustrates me, because this game has so much potentinal, but Bioware and EA are setting themselves up for disaster. Hopefully in a few months I can come back and enjoy a game that is much more completed feeling.

I am a huge MMO fan and it pains me to say this, but there are been MMO sequels that well should have just stayed single player games. I loved Warcraft 1-3, but I hated WoW. I loved the KOTOR series, but this game, even though it is good seems just like a mere shadow of its former sequels. Then we get to the Elder Scroll games which are all awesome games, and then... an MMO prequel... I really don't know how I feel about that one.

Well, its back to playing Dark Souls, woohoo!

#2 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

What MMO allows you to change your class without having to level a new character?  That doesn't strike me as a feature I've ever seen.

#3 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
Secret World, can literally change in seconds with a single doubleclick, anywhere, but too early to tell if there will be any meaningful content left once you grind to get every single skill and complete the handful of zone questlines. Final Fantasy 11, needed to visit your house to change, but that game was such a timesink in every other way you end up taking it for granted, and it was not the slightest bit of being solo-friendly. been 5 or so years since I played, some classes can take quite a long while to max and gear up without a bit of planning with people you know. on bad nights most of my playing time was flag myself for a group, watch TV while I wait hours for a party, nevermind the times where falling asleep came first
#4 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kickable"]Secret World, can literally change in seconds with a single doubleclick, anywhere, but too early to tell if there will be any meaningful content left once you grind to get every single skill and complete the handful of zone questlines. Final Fantasy 11, needed to visit your house to change, but that game was such a timesink in every other way you end up taking it for granted, and it was not the slightest bit of being solo-friendly. been 5 or so years since I played, some classes can take quite a long while to max and gear up without a bit of planning with people you know. on bad nights most of my playing time was flag myself for a group, watch TV while I wait hours for a party, nevermind the times where falling asleep came first

In FFXI you could change classes, but you had to re-level. High level guilds were also racist so this was of limited value.
#5 Posted by Mighty-Lu-Bu (1500 posts) -

What MMO allows you to change your class without having to level a new character?  That doesn't strike me as a feature I've ever seen.

Megotaku77

SWG and WoW do.

#6 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

[QUOTE="Megotaku77"]

Mighty-Lu-Bu

SWG and WoW do.

WoW does not. Idk about SWG all I know is it not longer exists and had the worst expansion in the history of MMOs (NGE).
#7 Posted by Mighty-Lu-Bu (1500 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mighty-Lu-Bu"]

[QUOTE="Megotaku77"]

Megotaku77

SWG and WoW do.

WoW does not. Idk about SWG all I know is it not longer exists and had the worst expansion in the history of MMOs (NGE).

Uh yeah you can... you have to "pay" for it, but that option is available. In fact, you can change your name, your class, race, sex and even switch aliances in WoW. In SWG you can change your class or "profession" whenver you want.

#8 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

Uh yeah you can... you have to "pay" for it, but that option is available. In fact, you can change your name, your class, race, sex and even switch aliances in WoW. In SWG you can change your class or "profession" whenver you want.Mighty-Lu-Bu

I reiterate, no you cannot pay to switch your class in WoW. You can change your name, race, sex and change sides, but not your class. I can't confirm or deny SWG because it no longer exists. I should also note that this is not a feature most MMO's have and Blizzard charges $55 to switch sides and server (which is what this service is mostly used for).

AX5MZ.png

#9 Posted by Lamachina (162 posts) -

What MMO allows you to change your class without having to level a new character? That doesn't strike me as a feature I've ever seen.

Megotaku77

FFXI i suppose. but that game is a disaster. i'm shocked it's still alive

#10 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -
FFXI i suppose. but that game is a disaster. i'm shocked it's still aliveLamachina
FFXI is an acquired taste, I played it for 3 years. You can change class, but you still have to re-level. Leveling is actually the biggest part of the game because of subjobs. If you want to be a successful Warrior you MUST also level Ninja, Thief, and Samurai.