Looks like Mass Effect

#1 Posted by kik4444 (298 posts) -

Anyone?

#2 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

stfu.

#3 Posted by zfakta (241 posts) -

Anyone?

kik4444

Based on what? The 30 seconds of gameplay and the third person point of view?

#4 Posted by hadlee73 (76 posts) -

From many of the hands-on previews I'm seeing online, only the core shooting gameplay is like Mass Effect. There will be no cool dialogue wheels with different answers causing different situations. Which is actually a pity, as think about the amusing uses such a system could have.

Similar to the dialogue system in Alpha Protocol, when responding to characters you could have chosen whether Kirk was going to be professional, a smart ass or get aggressive toward them. This could have led to some hilarious or intense dialogue sections in the game, especially if it gave some good opportunities for Kirk to try and get a reaction out of Spock.

Unfortunately, it looks like all we get is a generic shooter.

#5 Posted by djdiscpistol (21 posts) -

From many of the hands-on previews I'm seeing online, only the core shooting gameplay is like Mass Effect. There will be no cool dialogue wheels with different answers causing different situations. Which is actually a pity, as think about the amusing uses such a system could have.

Similar to the dialogue system in Alpha Protocol, when responding to characters you could have chosen whether Kirk was going to be professional, a smart ass or get aggressive toward them. This could have led to some hilarious or intense dialogue sections in the game, especially if it gave some good opportunities for Kirk to try and get a reaction out of Spock.

Unfortunately, it looks like all we get is a generic shooter.

hadlee73

i loved alpha protocol, even though the combat was awful. it was worth it to get to the interesting plot decisions/dialogue options. Personally, i'd LOVE to see more games based on the mass effect engiene. the interplay of choose your own adventure narrative, and entertaining combat. i could easily see a dialogue-driven action game set in the Archer universe.

#6 Posted by j1965 (87 posts) -

the game looks and plays like Mass effect which is a good thing i can't wait!

#7 Posted by Tribesmaster (659 posts) -

I thought certain parts actually reminded me of Dead Space 3