Ended up picking this up instead of Final Fantasy XIII

User Rating: 7 | Star Ocean: The Last Hope International PS3
So I was about to go and buy the latest Final Fantasy and then I read everything about it and how it is pretty much a hallway simulator, so I picked this up for my dusty PS3, thinking it may be a good time. The game did keep me somewhat interested in it, but ended up convincing me that either the games this publisher is spitting out are turning into something I'm not really into, or I'm just outgrowing the old Final Fantasy style game.

So here goes. Unlike the new Final Fantasy, this game gives you an actual open world. Much like the type of game I was hoping for. And yes the gameplay is not all that bad. The story line is pretty much the same old garbage you would expect from the genre, with nothing really noteworthy to say about it...the fate of the entire universe is in the hands of some little boy and a bunch of his freak friends blah blah blah....

I guess what I'm getting at is this one wasn't all that bad. But it definitely wasn't all that remarkable either. So if you are bored and want an opened ended Final Fantasy style game and don't want to run down a hallway for 90% of the game before getting to go anywhere other than to the next bad guy right in front of you I'd say give this a shot. O