Never...

#1 Posted by keeperdude07 (55 posts) -

I've never been this excited for a game. It seems he read every thought I've ever had playing Mass Effect or Eve or Rogue Squadron or Star Wars: Galaxies and put it into this game. They could deliver only half the ideas he's come up with and I'd be more than happy.

I have to say, I'm proud to be involved in this on the grassroots level and I donated $250 today. Glad to see the site is crashing from all the hits!

As you were.

#2 Posted by sextus1 (740 posts) -

Just when I thought that flight sims were history, the Professor of the genre, Chris Roberts, decides to resurrect himself and give all of us a big dose of HOPE. The addition of cut screens during the storyline using real actors ( Mark Hamil was a dweep even in that role) was light years ahead of everyone. Looking forward to this in a big way.

Sic volvere Parcas " So spin the Fates"

#3 Posted by RaKn-Powerslave (17 posts) -

Finally, after years of pathetic dominance of suits, and headless chickens with lots of money, mediocre talent, and mediocre games/mmos, not worth to play for more than a month, but advertized like the second coming, it was about time, PC Gaming, and Space Gaming, have a Champion, and a Grandmaster expert at the helm...

As long as Chris Roberts does what he wants and visions, the worldwide community will follow. If any suit, "expert" bozo, or the usual brainiacs that destroyed the MMO genre to the level of MMO for a month's worth, interferes, the community will know, and will turn it's back once more.

#4 Posted by keeperdude07 (55 posts) -

Finally, after years of pathetic dominance of suits, and headless chickens with lots of money, mediocre talent, and mediocre games/mmos, not worth to play for more than a month, but advertized like the second coming, it was about time, PC Gaming, and Space Gaming, have a Champion, and a Grandmaster expert at the helm...

As long as Chris Roberts does what he wants and visions, the worldwide community will follow. If any suit, "expert" bozo, or the usual brainiacs that destroyed the MMO genre to the level of MMO for a month's worth, interferes, the community will know, and will turn it's back once more.

RaKn-Powerslave

Exactly! And, because there isn't any real overhead besides the fans (who only want a GOOD game, not a game that will "sell"), I think his only limits will be his imagination and the hardware, niether of which seem to be lacking.

#5 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

It's people power at its finest. Crowd funding cuts out all the political crap and interference that the dev's get from the money men. As Robert's said the noise from the publishers is also shut down so they can make a game in their own vision without inference. 

This could be the start of a whole new model to create game that gamers really want.

#6 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

The thought of having a company in the game sounds great,  or being a crime lord pulling the strings.  Good thing its not going to even be in closed beta anytime soon, I need a new machine for the job.  

#7 Posted by stan_hg (39 posts) -

Just when I thought that flight sims were history, the Professor of the genre, Chris Roberts, decides to resurrect himself and give all of us a big dose of HOPE. The addition of cut screens during the storyline using real actors ( Mark Hamil was a dweep even in that role) was light years ahead of everyone. Looking forward to this in a big way.

Sic volvere Parcas " So spin the Fates"

sextus1

X is still here and even new game is expected this year