Excellent game that is worth buying -- possibly best PS3 exclusive.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is an excellent game. Let me start by saying that Gamespot has once again underrated a PS3 exclusive game (can anyone say Tools of Destruction?) that deserved to be considered excellent.

The storyline is what gets me most. The cinematic presentation of the cutscenes that explain it look fantastic and envelope you into the story and the characters -- making them feel not only real, but realistic. I can't say much without giving the story away so what I'll say is that the story has a few intriguing historical twists along with a few character developments that will not be easy to see coming. Gamespot's complaint was that certain parts of the story were underdeveloped, but I think it is painfully obvious that the story was developed just fine.

Story aside, the game is still great. The visuals of the cutscenes and the actual gameplay look great despite what any naysayers might talk about. The jungle enviornments look lush, the temple/cavern atmospheres are eerie but well rendered so that seeing enemies is not a problem. Overall, the visuals look just great.

The controls are superb. The cover system (hit O to cover, hit O again to stand up or D-Pad + O to move to next cover) is done well and makes firefights fun and engaging. The melee attacks are also done easily and the whole control scheme keeps the fun rolling without making any complicated button combinations.

The sound is tremendous. The voice acting, the gunfire, the jungle noises...everything is absolutely great. Anyone who says otherwise must be very picky about their sound because this game rocked.

Replayability is kind of meh...you can search around for all the hidden treasures (which unlocks stuff) but other than that your only reason to replay is to see how hard it is on a higher difficulty. It is fun, however, to go through the story again and enjoy all the movie like story telling.

Gameplay is pretty awesome. Before I hit all the good, let me tell you the bad. Ammo is a problem in this game... but also a realistic one. You can only carry 12 shotgun shells (or 16 for another kind of shotgun) and only 40-60 pistol shells, 90-105 SMG shells and generally only 5 revolver or Dragonuv sniper shells (1 shot, 1 kill). So you're constantly switching weapons and picking up ammo from dead bodies because there are a LOT of firefights in this game. I would have liked a little more ammo capacity for the game and maybe being able to dual wield pistols or something. Other than that, this was just a minor inconvenience in the game.

Secondly, there's a LOT of firefights...and a LOT of enemies. On normal difficulty this won't bug you but if you put it on the higher ones you'll begin to get frustrated. Regardless, the firefights are really fun.

Now that is out of the way. The gameplay is friggin' fun. The firefights are great, the exploring is great and so is the climbing. The climbing greatly resembles Assassin's Creed, but not as over the top unrealistic. There's a lot of action in Uncharted while puzzles and whatnot kind of see the back burner, but the game is intense because of this and really fun. The best way to describe this game is Tomb Raider meets Assassin's Creed meets Indiana Jones -- and it makes for a sweet game.

Overall, this game just rocked. I'm not much of an adventure game guy but I think this game is right up there with Super Mario Galaxy and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. This game deserves a 8.8-9.2 region score, so I'm giving it a 9.1. Great graphics, controls, story, and gameplay. What else do you need?