SpellForce 2 is definately one of the best Strategy games on the market - but its even not a classical RTS game.

User Rating: 10 | SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars PC
At first you must know that SpellForce 2 is a RTS & RPG hybrid. This means that you can play it like a classical RTS game but you also have a hero which you can equip with items or skill with a skilltree. You can also go into a 3rd person view where you can directly control your avatar through WASD or the arrow keys.

So and now to the game. At first I want to mention the graphics which are amazing. I never saw such a detailed fantasy world in any other RTS game.

Then there is the fantastic sound. The music is very epical and fits perfectly into the world. If you liked the soundtrack of SF1 you will love the SF2 soundtrack. The speech is also quite good - especially compared to the speech in SF1.

The story and mission design is varied and never bored me. There is always something to do and there are many optional quests which you dont have to do. On the whole the campaign has a playtime of more than 40 hours.

Multiplayer Mode has some connection glitches if you dont configure it correctly but if you do its also great fun. There is the free game mode which offers a seperate campaign which has also a playtime of about 30-40 hours.
The Player vs. Player mode is not that good but its also enjoyable - mostly because the AI is very intelligent.

As a concolusion I would say that SF2 is one of the best games this year. Fans of RPGs & RTS should get it!