THQ is publishing the latest game in the Sonic Advance series.
While Sonic the Hedgehog's console-based outings have gone further and further away from what made the serious popular in the first place, Sega has also been steadily releasing handheld Sonic games that stick much closer to the original recipe. Later this month, we'll see another new entry, Sonic Advance 3.
The main difference in Sonic Advance 3 is that it will feature a partner system. You'll still choose from five different characters--Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, and Cream--but now you'll also choose a partner. Each character gives you specific new abilities when he or she becomes your partner. Sonic will increase your maximum speed, Tails lets you jump better, Knuckles makes your attacks more potent, Amy gives you something called the "Piko Piko hammer attack," and Cream's partner power is a homing attack.
The game will also feature some multiplayer options. You'll be able to link up and have a second player take control of your partner character, but there will also be some four-player multiplayer options, as well.
Sonic Advance 3 is currently scheduled to ship in late May. We'll have more on the game soon.
- Player Reviews: 69
- Game Universe:
- Sonic Heroes (PS2, XBOX, GC, PC),
- Sonic Mega Collection Plus (XBOX, PS2, PC),
- Shadow the Hedgehog (PS2, GC, XBOX),
- Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (GC, PC),
- Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN, SMS, GG, MOBILE, PC),
- Sonic 3D Blast (PC, SAT, GEN),
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GEN, GG, SMS, MOBILE, X360, IP, PC, PS3),
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (GEN, SMS, GG, PC),
- Sonic Gems Collection (XBOX, GC, PS2),
- Sonic Riders (PC, XBOX, PS2, GC)
- Offline Modes:
Competitive, Cooperative, Team Oriented
- Number of Players: