I've never played this (or any PS2 game), but this sort-of reminds me of Ghost Recon 2001 (ie the "good" one).
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Video Review
Check out some covert operations at night in this movie.Posted Aug 27, 2002 | 1:00 | 2,166 Views
Take a look at some sniping in a snow-filled level in this clip.Posted Aug 27, 2002 | 1:00 | 808 Views
A group of highly-trained operatives invade a ship in this movie.Posted Aug 27, 2002 | 1:34 | 797 Views
Take a look at the intro movie to SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals.Posted Aug 27, 2002 | 2:07 | 622 Views
The producer of SOCOM demonstrates some cooperative teamplay at Sony's 2002 Gamers Day.Posted Aug 14, 2002 | 1:04 | 495 Views
- Aug 28, 2002
Hear and see everything there is to know about SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs in this in-depth video review.
I didn't like this game. It seemed like it was trying to be a first person shooter version of Metal Gear Solid, but failed miserably.
I've played a lot of both the Online and Single-player modes of Socom and honestly I prefer the single-player game. There's not much to the online mode, like most online shooters it mostly devolves into grenade-tossing run and gun which gets boring very quickly IMO... The single-player mode on the other hand is an excellent mix of stealth and action with awesome unscripted gunfights when you get caught. A good variety of objectives, good AI, cool team mechanics. It's just a fantastic one-player game.
- Player Reviews: 67
- Game Universe:
- SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs (PS3),
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 (PSP),
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3),
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike (PSP),
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs: Combined Assault (PS2),
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 (PSP),
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo (PSP),
- SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs (PS2),
- SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs (PS2),
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs (PS2)
- Number of Players: