How can this have bad reviews????

#1 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

It didn't even come out today! The demo was a blast. Yes, they messed up the release date. But you can't review the game itself by a delayed release date.

#2 Posted by Matt1836 (21 posts) -

The People who review theses game think its cool to walk around for 3 hours with an elf talking to other elfs

#3 Posted by liav22 (2 posts) -

i dont think that this review is based on the demo...

they got an early copy of the game to review it.

#4 Posted by t_tocs (129 posts) -

No, the reviewers are concerned because you can't run and gun like in CoD.  That's why this game is going to get bad reviews.  People want to play easy games nowadays and when something that requires skill comes out, people get antsy.

#5 Posted by nschneid003 (7 posts) -

@matt1836 is that a Skyrim joke......take it back.....you don't want to piss off the mighty Alduin (aka. The World Eater) :P

#6 Posted by Matt1836 (21 posts) -

No, the reviewers are concerned because you can't run and gun like in CoD.  That's why this game is going to get bad reviews.  People want to play easy games nowadays and when something that requires skill comes out, people get antsy.

t_tocs
Right the reviewers are idiots because they believe that it isn't easy it isn't fun & really you can't Run & Gun with a Sniper Rifle they need talk to a sharp shooter before they start reviewing shooters
#7 Posted by Matt1836 (21 posts) -

@matt1836 is that a Skyrim joke......take it back.....you don't want to piss off the mighty Alduin (aka. The World Eater) :P

nschneid003
Seriously theses reviews have online funerals & cry over characters in Final Fantasy Stop & grows some balls & stop JO in your moms basement to Laura Coft fake nude & get a life boys
#8 Posted by IceQBkid (182 posts) -
[QUOTE="t_tocs"]

Matt1836
Right the reviewers are idiots because they believe that it isn't easy it isn't fun & really you can't Run & Gun with a Sniper Rifle they need talk to a sharp shooter before they start reviewing shooters

Have you even played the game? Im not taking sides but I have played it and it feels exactly like a Run & Gun game. There is almost no stealth involved. If you play on Elite difficulty the enemies spot you real quick as if they see through walls no matter what you do and often enough your only choice to get where you need to be is to kill everyone outside the entrance.
#9 Posted by isshiah (778 posts) -

i am amazed with the subpar standard of insults on this page.

#10 Posted by PlasmaBeam44 (9052 posts) -

Actually the AI in this game is pretty brain dead, even on harder difficulties. It recived subpar reviews because it's a subpar game,

#11 Posted by fanirama (925 posts) -
I think the publishers didn't have money like Activision to pay for 9.0 reviews like for every Call of Duty that looks the same, plays the same and has 10 new maps every year as Single player for $60 + retouched old maps for $15.
#12 Posted by alimazhar (10 posts) -

I think the publishers didn't have money like Activision to pay for 9.0 reviews like for every Call of Duty that looks the same, plays the same and has 10 new maps every year as Single player for $60 + retouched old maps for $15.fanirama

100% AGREE ,,,,,, this game is awasome for  me it 10/10 ,,,, gamespot scoring fails

#13 Posted by XxSwiftyxX (379 posts) -

Great game deserved at least an 8 in my honest opinion I always look at user ratings and not Gamespots because a lot of reviewers aren't open minded. The game may not be perfect the game may have some flaws but the game is a lot of fun to play, the demo nearly cracked my head open. 

#14 Posted by killa169 (1209 posts) -

I'm about 4 hours in and the review is fair. The sniping is done awesomely and feels very satisfying. The other weapons handle pretty crappy which is caused by lack of polish. The AI is incredibly stupid as well. Animations are avarage and one of the worst parts for me is the sounds. The german voice-acting sounds unnatural and it's bloody annoying to hear the same lines repeated over and over again. There's a lot of recycled sounds in this game.

It's an avarage game with a lot of potential.

#15 Posted by sbdb (436 posts) -

t_tocs said

No, the reviewers are concerned because you can't run and gun like in CoD

Why is that kids like you always bring up COD when someone doesn't like a shooter? As if the whole world is playing that stupid game. No, Sniper Elite V2 is just very average.

The graphics and animations look extremely dated, the textures look like crap, it's poorly optimized, the AI is laughable, there is unnatural enemy spawning, inaccurate ballistics, boring story, linear maps and the game play gets repetitive very quick.

All you guys do is drooling over a concept and hit animations, but the reality is that the actual game is developed rather poorly. Just the fact that each one of you are willing to except such low graphics and animation standards, while there are amazingly looking games out there (some of them much older) that also perform better, is just mind-boggling for me. You all just fail to accept that it's just a very average game. Don't tell me that all those professional reviewers out there that tend to rate with an average 6.5 are all wrong. That fact that all of you are willing to accept this extreme lack of polish, is one of the mean reasons why some companies keep dumping these poorly polished games on the market.

#16 Posted by sbdb (436 posts) -

And as for those who claim that the sniping is done awesomelly; fancy looking kill cams is not what real-life sniping is all about you silly kids. The sniping in this game looks chilidsh and nothing close to the real thing with for example a Arisaka Type 99, Walther Gewehr 43, Springfield M1903, etc during WWII

#17 Posted by killa169 (1209 posts) -

And as for those who claim that the sniping is done awesomelly; fancy looking kill cams is not what real-life sniping is all about you silly kids. The sniping in this game looks chilidsh and nothing close to the real thing with for example a Arisaka Type 99, Walther Gewehr 43, Springfield M1903, etc during WWII

sbdb

I agree that the game is avarage and deserves avarage scores. I still really like the sniping though (which is not enough stay entertained for very long). I don't care about realism, I just care about how much fun it is. I prefer fancy looking kill cams, if I wanted real-life sniping, I would try real-life sniping. I want games that are fun to play.

#18 Posted by raymondcs123 (411 posts) -

Before you even criticize Gamespot with this review, did you guys even play the first game? THIS IS a run and gun game. It is an obvious attempt to make a mainstream FPS with a twist, which just kinda made feel like I'm playing on awp_map on cs 1.6 (running around, taking quick potshots occassionally).

#19 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -
Right the reviewers are idiots because they believe that it isn't easy it isn't fun & really you can't Run & Gun with a Sniper Rifle they need talk to a sharp shooter before they start reviewing shooters Matt1836
That would be Scharfschütze. LOL Seriously though, the game certainly has it's fun and challenging moments, but there's also some issues with hitching, finicky scope zooming, textures disappearing when you come in contact with them, and the AI is very bizarre. They can spot you easily when in line of sight, yet cannot understand one of their snipers firing at you means enemy present. They can hear the faintest of sounds from rocks you throw and will immediately go investigate, but fire your weapon from a concealed position and they're often clueless as to where the sound is coming from. I've had one walk by as I crouched behind a low wall whom didn't move a muscle, yet yelled as if he'd seen me. The awareness indicator turned red briefly as he did nothing. The guy in the next room decided he'd be the one to look for someone. I've also seen a guy's buddy go to a wall and stare into it after I shot his friend dead with the Welrod. This AI are utterly horrible at investigating, and despite the Skyrim joke, they also have a timed cooldown even after seeing their buddies lying dead, it just takes a bit longer. The main place the campaign shines is the stalking and escaping from sniper teams at the Russian command post and Kreuzberg HQ, but make no mistake, this is more of a cinematic arcade shooter than a serious tactical sniper game. The cover system for one isn't good enough to really do serious sniping.
#20 Posted by killeridis (548 posts) -

I found the game very good and fun it deserves more than that, but again i know how reviews go theses days... so i wont be bothered much.

#21 Posted by IAMSHAWN (180 posts) -

Its reviews arent all bad. but they arent as good as the reviews for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3IhHcEiV78

#22 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

So, after starting this topic, I definitely would give this game an 8 at least. It definitely doesn't deserve a 6. There is definitely some satisfaction you get from popping someone in the head from 700 meters away. Very cool. Definitely makes it hard to trust gamespot reviews.

#23 Posted by ZOD777 (305 posts) -

Unfortunately, the kill cam is the only good thing about the game period.  Everything else about it makes me want to Hulk Smash my keyboard.

#24 Posted by Dude_The_Man (852 posts) -

Actually the AI in this game is pretty brain dead, even on harder difficulties. It recived subpar reviews because it's a subpar game,

PlasmaBeam44

It may be a "subpar game", but it is a blast to play. At the end of the day, fun is all I care about.