PC Version

#1 Posted by Matrix (1455 posts) -

So this game is looking a lot better since they first announced they were bringing the game back from the dead. Regarding the PC version, think it'll be a terrible port with glitches or fully functional? I love playing the Saints Row games on PC for one thing...

#2 Posted by hystavito (141 posts) -

I'm considering this game, but yeah I wonder how well it will play with keybd+mouse.

My biggest concern though, will the game still be fun if you just take off and explore, screw around.  Yes it's open world, but is there anything to do outside of missions, scripted chase sequences, etc.

#3 Posted by j17neo (437 posts) -

I'm considering this game, but yeah I wonder how well it will play with keybd+mouse.

My biggest concern though, will the game still be fun if you just take off and explore, screw around. Yes it's open world, but is there anything to do outside of missions, scripted chase sequences, etc.

hystavito

You guys really need to watch videos and keep up with the game.. lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arC5hM6f-z8 (Starts at 9mins in) (tons of questions answered)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4l0GrEvAVs (Game 101)

#4 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
definately hoping for Saint's Row 3 quality. if it's another GTA4 i'm going to be pissed. tech wise I mean not content
#5 Posted by skipper847 (3592 posts) -

Just been looking at steam forum and one post has this info.

PC Showcase

Rest easy, PC gamers, we didn't forget you. You already know about the awesome perks for Team Fortress 2 players who preorder on Steam. But even if you're not into TF2, Sleeping Dogs is set to ship with a stunning set of PC-specific features to bring Hong Kong island to life. If you have the rig, we have the graphical enhancements, hardware optimisations and the latest AMD and Nvidia features you crave.

The high-resolution texture pack updates the game to a new level, bringing eye-watering detail and crisp clear rendering to everything from city skyscrapers to crumbling ancient temples. Another layer of depth is added at higher resolutions, using increased small object detail to render items from a far greater distance with an incredible sense of scale and detail. In-game shadows receive a significant upgrade with support for high-resolution shadow textures, high quality shadow filters and support for Screen Space Ambient Occlusion. Sleeping Dogs features performance enhancements for both dual and quad core PC setups, enhanced performance for Nvidia SLI and AMD Crossfire, support for keyboard and mouse setup (including key mapping) and optimisations for both 3D and multi monitors on both AMD and Nvidia hardware.

Need to see it with your own eyes? We've captured some pretty gameplay footage from the PC version to convince the skeptics. Make sure you watch in 1080 HD!

Need more numbers? Here are all the specs, nerds!

Minimum requirements
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or Althon X2 2.4 GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB

Recommended system requirements
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB

Advanced PC Features
Nvidia 3D Support
Nvidia Multi Screen Monitor Support
AMD EyeFinity Multi-Monitor Gold Status Support
Window and Full Screen Mode Support
Benchmark Mode

DirectX11 Specific Features
Contact hardening shadows
HD-AO
Use of Direct Compute

Performance Enhancements
Enhanced Performance on Dual Core and Quad Core Processors
Enhanced Performance on Nvidia SLi
Enhanced Performance on AMD Crossfire

Mouse, Keyboard, and Controller Support
Xbox360 Controller Support
Keyboard and Mouse Support including Key Remapping
Auto Pad, Mouse and Keyboard Switching

Advanced PC Graphic Features
Increased Small Object Detail
High Resolution Texture Support
High Resolution Shadows
High Quality Shadow Filters
Soft Particles
High Quality SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
High Quality Motion Blur
Super Sample Anti-Aliasing

Steamworks Features Supported
DLC Support
Achievements
Auto Patching
Pre-Download
Store Save Games to the Cloud
Player to Player Chat