Graphics on xbox

#1 Posted by Ganjanthem (2 posts) -
I ve been looking everywhere for some hints on improving the visuals in sleeping dogs.I seem to be the only one that thinks that they are pretty substandard,almost like playing a ps2.I have a 42" sony HD brand new and a brand new xbox 250 g.what am i doing wrong.(got hdmi leads etc) or maybe i should cut my losses and ebay it.Help!!
#2 Posted by mishfish (132 posts) -

Whant graphics? buy a **** PC

if you want good graphics on a 7 years old piece of trash then keep dreaming...

#3 Posted by Ganjanthem (2 posts) -
Ok. calm down, calm down. i only asked
#4 Posted by DrKill09 (6238 posts) -

PC version has high res textures (just like with Max Payne 3).  Play it on a 60" DLP, and looks great.  Another great thing about pc is it doesn't explode if I play it for more than a half hour.  Also if I do have a problem, I can fix it myself, and don't have to call India... I can put as many hard drives in it as I want, without spending $100 for a 20gb (05-07), or $120gb (now).

If you wanted good graphics, you should've got a pc, or at least a ps3. 

#5 Posted by TxtBin (206 posts) -

Yeah, and another great thing about PCs is that you need to buy new graphics cards and/or a $1000 rig to experience games instead of paying 30 bucks to experience a slightly visually inferior version of an otherwise awesome game!! GO PC!!

#6 Posted by DrKill09 (6238 posts) -

Yeah, and another great thing about PCs is that you need to buy new graphics cards and/or a $1000 rig to experience games instead of paying 30 bucks to experience a slightly visually inferior version of an otherwise awesome game!! GO PC!!

TxtBin

Hello obvious non pc gamer.  You are so clueless it's downright amuzing.  I upgrade my rig once every five or six years.  Last upgrade?  $500.  This included 4gb ram, a quad core processor, a 850w psu, and a GTX460.  Guess what?  I can still max out nearly every game out there @1080p.  And I use DDR2, a two generation old gpu, and the oldest quad core Phenom II (940).

The 360, on the other hand, is 7 years old, cost $400 at launch, and breaks down every six months.  My pc runs great.

You need to have a brain before attempting to be a smart ass,  TxtBin.  :roll:

#7 Posted by Fruitymachete (76 posts) -

I know the game graphics are not the best but the gameplay and story is good and that's probably why it had a high score.
Games don't always have to look beautifull to kick ass --> *Minecraft * Cough*

And about the Xbox he's right , it's hardware is antique but still the game could have been made better looking , even for the xbox 360.

Still a great game tough

#8 Posted by Fruitymachete (76 posts) -

I know the game graphics are not the best but the gameplay and story is good and that's probably why it had a high score.
Games don't always have to look beautifull to kick ass --> *Minecraft * Cough*

And about the Xbox he's right , it's hardware is antique but still the game could have been made better looking , even for the xbox 360.

Still a great game tough

#9 Posted by Ganjanthem (2 posts) -
If anyone is interested i just improved my xbox graphics by clearing the cache it makes a huge difference.
#10 Posted by 300DarkNites84 (13 posts) -
Clearing the cache? What does that mean?
#11 Posted by emy_vi (282 posts) -

clearing the cache on xbox? ok guys, dont bother. he's delusional. i mean, seriously..

#12 Posted by Deku20 (3411 posts) -

I grew up with Playstation 2 games. This does not look anything like them.

Anyway the simplest answer is to set up a gaming PC, which would grant you a high degree of customization, and despite popular belief would not destroy your bank account if done correctly. However, it can get complicated, and without a PC gamer friend to guide you or a load of free time to do your homework, a console may just be simpler and in the end cheaper. Now I kind of want to set up the PS2 again... Had some great games.