asian humor doesn't get enough credit

#1 Posted by Celtic_34 (1220 posts) -

british humor.  american humor.  asian humor is underrated.  There are a lot of moments in this game that make me laugh moreso than most games.

#2 Posted by bobbetybob (19126 posts) -
...you realise this was made by a Canadian studio right?
#3 Posted by bobbetybob (19126 posts) -
...you realise this was made by a Canadian studio right?
#4 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7293 posts) -

Underrated to people that don't know the culture than yeah to a certain extent. I think is just harder to understand and garner popularity since is in a different language.

Though as far as the game goes, while the humor doesnt seem very deep at all(blah, ufg still did a decent job despite making a game thats foreign to their co.). The conversation is still humorous since naturally Cantonese speakers would cuss each other out on a regular basis as I guess sarcasm. I speak it myself to those that know the language. Which is blessing whilst playing this game since I pick up all the random words they throw in.

Anyways if you are digging for canto humor movies than watch any of Stephen Chow's movie, you may know him by Kung Fu Hustle, but his older works are better, imo. link >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj-NAfL5rRQ

#5 Posted by Deku20 (3411 posts) -

Cantonese humor is great! Other than the obvious Stephen Chow movies, I would highly recommend the old Shaw Brothers and Golden Harvest movies, like My Young Auntie, Heroes of the East, Drunken Master, and so on.