What is the story with the game now

#1 Posted by bart1eby (106 posts) -

Is the game in a playable state now? Im in Europe, Ireland specifically, and dont want to buy the game if its still a shambles. So whats the current state of it?

#2 Posted by hammoud (1371 posts) -

they've added a lot more servers and i've been able to play for about 30 hours over the past 3 days or so. i still get a short disconnect here and there but overall i've had no problems. I heard europe have had no problems at all

#3 Posted by bart1eby (106 posts) -

I heard europe have had no problems at all

hammoud
I think EA were saying that cos its not true at all. Europe got it pretty bad. Just went onto an Irish forum I found and lads there cant get on at all. I think i might just play a different city sim. I hear Sim City 4 is good. Tropico 4 is cheap on Steam at the moment too, anyone have anything good to say about that?
#4 Posted by GeneralMufinMan (368 posts) -

[QUOTE="hammoud"]

bart1eby

I think EA were saying that cos its not true at all. Europe got it pretty bad. Just went onto an Irish forum I found and lads there cant get on at all. I think i might just play a different city sim. I hear Sim City 4 is good. Tropico 4 is cheap on Steam at the moment too, anyone have anything good to say about that?

I didn't really care for Tropico at all, Sim City 4 is still great. As for SimCity I've been able to get on without any problems for 2 days now, so heopfully their **** is fixed. 

#5 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

[QUOTE="bart1eby"][QUOTE="hammoud"]

GeneralMufinMan

I didn't really care for Tropico at all, Sim City 4 is still great. As for SimCity I've been able to get on without any problems for 2 days now, so heopfully their **** is fixed. 

When it made the news that EA ****ed up SimCity they went and poured a whole ocean on the fire. The salt water might make it so things don't grow back in the future but at least the fire is out... right!?

#6 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -

they've added a lot more servers and i've been able to play for about 30 hours over the past 3 days or so. i still get a short disconnect here and there but overall i've had no problems. I heard europe have had no problems at all

hammoud
Is there an autosave feature or unless you manually save and you disconnect you lose everything? I loved SimCity as a kid and would like to try this out after finals next week, but I have been holding out until they get the servers perfect.
#7 Posted by hammoud (1371 posts) -

[QUOTE="hammoud"]

nightshade869

Is there an autosave feature or unless you manually save and you disconnect you lose everything? I loved SimCity as a kid and would like to try this out after finals next week, but I have been holding out until they get the servers perfect.

there's no autosave, everything is saved on the server like an MMO. If you get disconnected you lose all the progress you've made. Yes is sucks but hasn't happened enough to me to get annoyed by it. It'll tell you when it gets disconnected and it'll tell you when it reconects. You can keep playing while it's disconnected and wait for it to reconnect or just stop playing so that you dont waste time :)

#8 Posted by NeoJ4K3 (280 posts) -

I have had zero issues so far.  I am on Europe East 4 if you wanna join (region name Hyrule) 

Have not been disconnected and no queue's at all

Really fun game, try for yourself, alot of good changes and a couple bad, but overall it is addicting as all hell 

#9 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -

[QUOTE="nightshade869"][QUOTE="hammoud"]

hammoud

there's no autosave, everything is saved on the server like an MMO. If you get disconnected you lose all the progress you've made. Yes is sucks but hasn't happened enough to me to get annoyed by it. It'll tell you when it gets disconnected and it'll tell you when it reconects. You can keep playing while it's disconnected and wait for it to reconnect or just stop playing so that you dont waste time :)

Thanks!