This is why you don't preorder games....ever

#1 Posted by vahram90 (119 posts) -

I'm so glad I didn't. The media EA provided for the game looked so appealing that I was seriously considering pre-ordering it right up to midnight last night until I asked myself....why? If I can't play the damn game until the 5th why take the risk of paying for it before then if I'm not going to receive anything in return outside of a few asthetic features.

I'm not going to buy this game, ever.

#2 Posted by Brean24 (1659 posts) -
Based on what? Other people's opinions? Have you actually played it? Your post doesn't make any sense.
#3 Posted by vahram90 (119 posts) -
I wouldn't call them opinions. I would call them observations. When a player says that you cannot build subways, highways and that the city is half the size of the smallest in sim city 4 and that you're required to play online, these are not opinions, they're observations. And I treat them seriously enough to not dish out $60 on a product which is clearly inferior given the state of technology and the decade long gap between it's predecessor.
#4 Posted by Brean24 (1659 posts) -
I wouldn't call them opinions. I would call them observations. When a player says that you cannot build subways, highways and that the city is half the size of the smallest in sim city 4 and that you're required to play online, these are not opinions, they're observations. And I treat them seriously enough to not dish out $60 on a product which is clearly inferior given the state of technology and the decade long gap between it's predecessor. vahram90
You have no idea how the game works. If you did you would know that each city is connected and that you have the same size cities, they are just in more maps.
#5 Posted by vahram90 (119 posts) -

You're absolutely right, I don't know how it works. And I won't know how it works until I see some decent gameplay footage. And if that footage proves to be redeeming both of the criticism and of the new features, I might then consider paying $60 for it. Versus.....paying $60 for a game which has been ridiculed ever since it's mention just for the sake of an objective assessment. Unfortunately I can't afford $60 for objectivity.

#6 Posted by roadster213 (174 posts) -

I like your style and completely agree with you.

Also TotalBiscuit says if you pre-order ANY game, you are a sucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y

#7 Posted by fanirama (926 posts) -
I wouldn't call them opinions. I would call them observations. When a player says that you cannot build subways, highways and that the city is half the size of the smallest in sim city 4 and that you're required to play online, these are not opinions, they're observations. And I treat them seriously enough to not dish out $60 on a product which is clearly inferior given the state of technology and the decade long gap between it's predecessor. vahram90
Well said. I agree with you. There are lots of things which you don't need to personally experience to form observations about it, not just opinions. And this is one of them. And I agree. This game is a skip for me. Too bad because I was really looking forward to a SimCity game. I enjoyed CitiesXL for what its worth, but this game is not worth $60, and I have been bitten badly by Diablo 3 to never trust an online only game....ever.
#8 Posted by blompotPS3 (2 posts) -

online only ooooh **** i am staying far away very far away, i got Diablo 3 on launch day and what a waste of money that was gosh

#9 Posted by rodan32 (1 posts) -

I get the irritation; I've been waiting for updates for this thing to install. It was similar with Diablo (hey, I remember it with Diablo II, even, if you were trying to play on Battle.net). I don't like the constant web connection; I'll be watching for a loophole or hack (there will be one). But it looks like a fun game.

From the Reddit Q&A, city maps will be about the size of the medium lot in SimCity 4. I don't mind limited transportation, though I'm worried they'll come out with an add-on that they'll charge for. That can be OK - like the Rush Hour expansion. I wish they'd follow what cooler companies do and throw out new awesome stuff for free once in a while, though. But I guess with a brand this big you don't need to do that to make a buck.

#10 Posted by Baselerd (5104 posts) -

I agree that preordering is ridiculous but I am quite satisfied with this game. At first I was kinda pissed about the small maps but other than that this game is everything I could want from a Sim City game!

#11 Posted by argotto (114 posts) -
[QUOTE="vahram90"]I wouldn't call them opinions. I would call them observations. When a player says that you cannot build subways, highways and that the city is half the size of the smallest in sim city 4 and that you're required to play online, these are not opinions, they're observations. And I treat them seriously enough to not dish out $60 on a product which is clearly inferior given the state of technology and the decade long gap between it's predecessor. Brean24
You have no idea how the game works. If you did you would know that each city is connected and that you have the same size cities, they are just in more maps.

That within itself is the big issue.
#12 Posted by IJONOI (29 posts) -

The whole tiny ass maps is really putting me off buying this... 

#13 Posted by IJONOI (29 posts) -

The whole tiny ass maps is really putting me off buying this... 

#14 Posted by StealthHimself (1 posts) -

You're totally right.. this game is an obvious cash grab