Servers too Busy UNABLE TO START GAME!!!!

#1 Posted by Charlie901 (163 posts) -

As title says I'm on an 18minute wait just to start the game for the first time!

WTH is this!!!!!!

I bought a game I'm now unable to play because of the online logon!

To say I'm mad is a severe understatment!!!

#2 Posted by Goupil418 (130 posts) -

As title says I'm on an 18minute wait just to start the game for the first time!

WTH is this!!!!!!

I bought a game I'm now unable to play because of the online logon!

To say I'm mad is a severe understatment!!!

Charlie901

You are in the same boat as everybody,

I bought it at 10PM and the servers were already down so I couldn't try it... I hope they get this fixed

#3 Posted by CatAtomic999 (1137 posts) -

EA really needs to do an accounting and see if the money they save fighting piracy outweighs the lost sales and long term bad will this sort of crap generates.

#4 Posted by eFLASH (1 posts) -
This is the reason why I am waiting and not buying the game.. It is really annoying that you need to have an online server to connect to all the time.. and also, I don't know if EA will keep their servers running in few years from now.. this is really annoying :(
#5 Posted by MamaMiia (580 posts) -

Amen.  EA wants to harness the power of the internet?  Fine, then they will have to suck up the other effect from the internet -- the review bombing going on at sites like Amazon (overall 1 star out of 5 rating, hundreds of 1-star, grossly negative reviews).

#6 Posted by greebe55 (45 posts) -

why do you need to logon? cant you just play single player mode?

#7 Posted by dr1zzt05 (90 posts) -

So not to say I told you so or anything. But I sure everyone remembers DIABLO III's fuster cluck. So what made anyone think this would be any different?

#8 Posted by diaboyos (50 posts) -

Amen.  EA wants to harness the power of the internet?  Fine, then they will have to suck up the other effect from the internet -- the review bombing going on at sites like Amazon (overall 1 star out of 5 rating, hundreds of 1-star, grossly negative reviews).

MamaMiia

Wow I had to go look lol.

#9 Posted by -Y2J- (1000 posts) -
just installed my copy (UK) only available server is oceania and its says i have to wait 20 minutes. and then EA wonder why everyone hates them
#10 Posted by kurboat64 (258 posts) -
EA made a money grab lol
#11 Posted by JFREDSKINS (32 posts) -
There is a HUGE difference between this and Diablo III. When Diablo 2 was at its height, online co-op play was the core of the experience. Playing online and trading with others was an integral part of the game. Plus, Blizzard almost had to make D3 always online because of the duping of items and spammers and pirates. I was glad when I heard D3 would be always online. SimCity on the other hand has traditionally been a solo game. The game creators came up with the idea of commerce between cities as a way to jam the always online thing down our throats. There was no need to do this. You all know what is next...They will screw up Madden too!
#12 Posted by dr1zzt05 (90 posts) -

there are online and offline versions of diablo 2 so no there was no reason to have online all the time the answer they could have done for multiplayer is a whole nother char on a server and all the online account info on it as well just like wow. and all offline char is on your server. Basicaly two different games like blackops 2 has a multiplayer game and single player and you decide what one two launch. All it was is greed. same **** different day.