Help- population question

#1 Posted by rawgator06 (105 posts) -

So, I havent played a city sim game in a very long time. It seems that even though the land value is going up, the density is not. How do you increase the density? My city is full of single family homes, the population is around 30k, and everyone seems happy. How do i get the population up??

#2 Posted by CoreyMisterMan (579 posts) -

In previous games, you selected zone densities (i.e. high density residential).  In this one, the type of road dictates density.

So, you need to "upgrade" the roads to "high density."  Click on the roads icon and one of the buttons by the advisor is to upgrade roads.  Highlighlight the stretch you want to upgrade & pay for it...then you'll see new construction in no time.

#3 Posted by GeneralMufinMan (368 posts) -

In previous games, you selected zone densities (i.e. high density residential).  In this one, the type of road dictates density.

So, you need to "upgrade" the roads to "high density."  Click on the roads icon and one of the buttons by the advisor is to upgrade roads.  Highlighlight the stretch you want to upgrade & pay for it...then you'll see new construction in no time.

CoreyMisterMan

Yep, you need to upgrade the road, I think it's mentioned in the tutorial. One of the things they don't mention though is you've spaced your road all perfectly for low-density but then move up to medium/high the larger buildings won't have the area needed for construction. So you have to plan aherad when laying down the roads as well, leaving more room then you think is necessary. 

#4 Posted by rawgator06 (105 posts) -

Thanks. that helped a lot. My roads werent spaced properly