Do Not Purchase This Epic EA Disaster!

#1 Posted by jiri_bielicky (3 posts) -

This newly released Electronic Arts game can not be fairly reviewed because it can not even be played properly! I have tried to play SimCity 5 for three long days to no avail! And God knows I tried. How did some of the other gaming websites get the chance to test this game? All of the game servers are either completely full or keep constantly crashing! Unbelievable that this game was even released. Was it not tested? Did EA/Maxis save money by running only nine global servers? Terrible. Why is there no offline single player option in this game? EA really dropped the ball on this highly anticipated title. The biggest problem for EA now is saving face. They have such a bad reputation nowadays that consumers will think twice about buying their games. The gaming industry is in such poor shape that the last thing it needs is garbage games like this one. Gaming giants like EA make money because there are no refund/return policies in place to favor the consumer and they take full advantage of it. I am disgusted in the gaming industry, and I have been in it for a very, very long time. I recommend we boycott EA.

#2 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

Most people hate EA. It was voted worst company of 2012. The sad part is people keep buying their crappy a**games. If this game were to serve as a lesson to anyone who games that lesson would be to never buy an ea game again and let Electronic Arts go out of business. But that would require that we the people never buy another ea product and I just don't see that happening.

#3 Posted by david60639 (6947 posts) -
The more we bash EA, the more people understand why. Can't stop them all from buying sports games every year, can stop a few and slow them down.
#4 Posted by acemono (620 posts) -

I said to boycott EA a while ago, see you went out and bought a game from them. so don't expet people to listen to you eather.

#5 Posted by zzodr (261 posts) -

I might play this. A while from now when it's in the bargain bin. Shouldn't take long. :)

#6 Posted by skipper847 (3333 posts) -

I will play this in 5 years time if i can. :p

#7 Posted by MamaMiia (580 posts) -

I'll buy it when they remove the always-online requirement, make the cities bigger without having to buy additional "content," and allow local multiple saves.  Otherwise, it's nothing I want.

#8 Posted by IrrationalBeast (18 posts) -

I bought after reading it is basically free if you activate it before the 18th.  I played yesterday and today and haven't had any server issues yet.  I wish you could get bigger plots to build on but you can also make a private region and build a bunch of cities in it by yourself that specialize in different things.  Not the same as having a huge map where you can do everytyhing but having my own private region and making specialized cities in it is how I perceive "single player"

#9 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

skipper847

Assuming EA is still in business and has servers for SimCity. I can't stand the idea of not having saved games on my computer. What happens if the server where all of our cities are stored has a hardware failure and all of the cities are lost.

#10 Posted by skipper847 (3333 posts) -

[QUOTE="skipper847"]

Iffy350

Assuming EA is still in business and has servers for SimCity. I can't stand the idea of not having saved games on my computer. What happens if the server where all of our cities are stored has a hardware failure and all of the cities are lost.

I was being sarcastic lol. :p