111 pages of people with lost cities... and counting...

#1 Posted by dadopado (5 posts) -

Someone at EA said they fixed almost every problem.

Check the number of "flames" in their forum, countless... and all currently getting filled with new lost cities every hour...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/bd-p/sim-city-misc-issues

I'm really shocked. I lost my city as well, and not only one.

They should gift us Sim City 2014 and not another game we don't care of...

#2 Posted by geekgirl101 (15 posts) -
For the first time ever I had a city fail to work on me. Semi-disappointed since it was in part of a region that me and another were working on and had unlocked one of the great works and even got as far as building it, but to be honest I'm already bored of that game and frustrated with the number of bugs and badly designed AI. It's the same crap time and time again, I make a bunch of squares since curves don't go down too well, I try to remove corners and replace them with tight curves so that the traffic doesn't u-turn all the time, I try to arrange it that the main part of the traffic hits avenues going through the middle or on the outside so its not cluttering the small areas where there's residence, industry and commercial. Sadly though it not always works out. I'll have sims commuting in/out of my city causing more traffic, the balance of different job types vs different wealth types is completely misproportioned so I've got lots of unemployed sims in one class of sims and too many untaken jobs for another class of sims, I got uneducated students despite having thousands of empty seats, the traffic is totally insane, I got criminals being created like they're coming out of a factory so police are always filling the streets, the garbage men aren't getting to all the houses in time so I got garbage trucks filling the streets, they all follow each other and create more traffic issues, and the amount of space you have to build your city in is far too tiny! Stay away from this game if you value your sanity and your money. This is not worth it. It's yet another game that EA doesn't care to fix and is more happy to keep throwing "packs" at you in a hopes you'll buy them when they're fundamental parts of the base game that were just taken out so they could be sold separately with an inflated price tag.