So this has nothing to do with with Shadowrun from the 360?

#1 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8814 posts) -
#2 Posted by daveydsurveys (35 posts) -

Absolutely nothing.  Shadowrun returns will be a turn-based tactical RPG (with a battle system rather similar to X-Com Enemy Unknown).    It is going to take place a few years after the SNES Shadowrun game, but before the Genesis Shadowrun with some characters from both.  However, it shouldn't be necessary to play either of those games to follow the story of this one.  

#3 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8814 posts) -

Absolutely nothing.  Shadowrun returns will be a turn-based tactical RPG (with a battle system rather similar to X-Com Enemy Unknown).    It is going to take place a few years after the SNES Shadowrun game, but before the Genesis Shadowrun with some characters from both.  However, it shouldn't be necessary to play either of those games to follow the story of this one.  

daveydsurveys
Alright. I was confused about this. I researched it some more before your post and found out it doesn't have anything to do with the one from the 360. Sort of disappointing because I enjoyed that one a bit.
#4 Posted by daveydsurveys (35 posts) -

[QUOTE="daveydsurveys"]

MaddenBowler10

Alright. I was confused about this. I researched it some more before your post and found out it doesn't have anything to do with the one from the 360. Sort of disappointing because I enjoyed that one a bit.

Well, Shadowrun started out as a pen and paper RPG and this game is intended to be sort of re-creating that experience.  From what I gather, a lot of Shadowrun fans hated the 360 multiplayer game because while it may actually be a decent shooter, it has little to do with the Shadowrun universe.  Shadowrun Returns will have a strong single-player story as well as a game editor that will allow players to create their own adventures for us to download / play (at no additional cost).  So there's huge replayability in a game like this.  If you thought the setting of the 360 game was cool (Cyberpunk meets Fantasy) you may want to give this game a shot. 

#5 Posted by Crush_Project (592 posts) -

ya the 360 version was a disgrace.

But then again you cant expect a megacorporation to make a game about the evils of megacorporations now can you?

#6 Posted by Caldrin (223 posts) -

[QUOTE="daveydsurveys"]

MaddenBowler10

well the 360 version really had nothing to do with shadowrun other than the name and races in the game.. it should never have been called shadowrun and it had nothing to do with the shadowrun universe..