Single Player Only?

#1 Posted by jamesjgraham (36 posts) -

In this day and age there is no excuse why game can't include multiplayer. This game would be great if co-op mode existed (sort of like the Space Hulk game that is coming out).

Also, I'm not sure how popular top down view is but it would be nice if you could switch between top down view and first person.

#2 Posted by daveydsurveys (35 posts) -

In this day and age there is no excuse why game can't include multiplayer. This game would be great if co-op mode existed (sort of like the Space Hulk game that is coming out).

Also, I'm not sure how popular top down view is but it would be nice if you could switch between top down view and first person.

jamesjgraham

The developers have mentioned the possibility of eventually adding a co-op feature, but for the time being they are focusing on making the best single-player campaign that they can.  Also, they are releasing a game editor with it that will allow players to create their own missions / campaigns that users can play for free.  They're working on a very limited budget and want to get the single-player game out by this June, so that's why there won't be a co-op at launch. 

Personally, I'm not interested in multi-player at all, and I don't see why every RPG needs to have that feature.  I'm an old school gamer I guess, but I think it's refreshing to have a game with a strong single-player aspect because these days it seems like 9/10 CRPGs are MMOs. 

The game will feature a fixed isometric perspective with turn-based tactical combat.  Take a look at the alpha gameplay video for a good idea of what this will look like.  There's no way that first-person perspective would work for a game like this.

#3 Posted by net_demon_demon (5 posts) -

I must agree with davey on this. Personally not all RPG games have to have co-op and if you think of this game as a reboot to that of the old shadow run game then you should think to your self and say wouldnt a co-op option be some what not needed? I my self think players get to wrapped up in multi online gaming. I am not saying that its bad in anyway but I will say this. Some games should have a multi player option while other games should not. It just so happens that this game should not have such a option. Its like making a co-op option in a game like dead pool or spiderman. No need for it. As for the game play gos I am glad they did it they way they did. Sorta brings me back to the old shadow run.

#4 Posted by t1striker (1549 posts) -

jamesjgraham

I wish that the notion that every game has to have multiplayer would die. It is only hurting the industry and giving us less great games. You know adding multiplayer to games takes time also, so either a dev takes more time to make the game, cuts singleplayer development and time, or has a different dev building the multiplayer features. IMO there is no win-win scenario when a dev wants to create a singleplayer experience, but because of people like you and the publisher they have to cut time and content from the singleplayer experience to create the multiplayer which would create a much weaker experience.

Dude you sound like one of those people who only wants to play the same game over and over again(this is the perfect gen for you sadly).

#5 Posted by TaarNah (108 posts) -

Your post made some very good points..... but, was the "sadly" really needed.

#6 Posted by Caldrin (223 posts) -

I dont think multiplayer is needed at all..

Skyrim did not need multiplayer and look how many people brought that.

Besides there is already a multiplayer Shadowrun game is the works so why try to compete with a version that is dedicating itself to MP..

#7 Posted by Hellcanwait (828 posts) -

well its turn based, just hand over the mouse to your your friend and you got your mp :lol: