Saints is better than GTA!

#1 Posted by Muneeb101 (160 posts) -

Its true, in GTA there is no coop campaign, and there is barely anything else you can do, other tha run around get in a heli, or drive. Nothing si availible. 

In Saints Row 3, whether you are in Campaign with a friend or onine, the stuff to do never ends. You can do the entire campaign again, cuz its fun, or you can run around, buy property, kill random people with a tazer. Etc.

Saints Row > GTA. 

#2 Posted by 001011000101101 (4094 posts) -
No, it's not.
#3 Posted by Purgatories (1 posts) -

Without gta, saints row wouldn't exist. GTA is the top dog in open world games, saints row oesn't even come close to the things GTA does. Plus, look at the ratings. Saints row is marked as: great, and sure, the first two gta games weren't as good, but all of the others are editors choice.

#4 Posted by MasterSatsujin (98 posts) -

I disagree. GTA paved the road for Saints Row, so SR will always be number 2 to me. I also think that Saints Row 3's new direction was like waving a white flag to Rockstar before GTA 5 even released. I think Saints Row 2 > GTA 4, but Saints Row 3 < GTA 4. They messed up the series too much in my opinion. What happend to the original gangster game that it used to be? GTA keeps it's original concept in all of the games but adds a twist to the concept to make it a completely rearranged game. Saints Row 's turn to a childish cartoony Japanese game show parody ruined the series in my opinion.

#5 Posted by Hebaphrenic (64 posts) -
Master... you saying GTA is better because it paved the way for Saints Row is the same as saying Atari is better than PS3, Xbox 360, and PC gaming because it paved the way... Saints Row looked at GTA and made something waaay more epic.
#6 Posted by saintsrow02 (2 posts) -

Without gta, saints row wouldn't exist. GTA is the top dog in open world games, saints row oesn't even come close to the things GTA does. Plus, look at the ratings. Saints row is marked as: great, and sure, the first two gta games weren't as good, but all of the others are editors choice.

Purgatories
Ratings don't matter because opinions are subjective. And something existing first doesn't necessarily mean it's better, it just existed first. Personally, I think GTA IV was over-rated. The story & controls were horrible. Although the city was huge and it looked nice, there was really only so much one can do. It took itself too seriously, which I wouldn't mind if they provided a fun alternative (which they didn't). Saints Row the Third is over-rated too, it's in no way shape or form better than Saint Row 2, which I personally think is the best modern open world game since San Andreas.
#7 Posted by SongeeX (233 posts) -

I'd agree with the OP only if it had driving physics like in GTA IV. I really hate how cars handle in Saint's Row. :(

#8 Posted by deadzombies456 (14 posts) -

Have not tried saints row third but will buy it next week since it looks fun. and I think sleeping dogs its the best one so far since its fun all around even if it does not have multiplayer that is better game since combat is pretty smooth and handling is a lot better I played few times for gta 4 but never finished it since I did not like the controls of the handling and only rented the game but I am buying GTA 5 Next year when it comes out as day one since that one looks a whole lot better then GTA 4 since rockstar always improve things then they remove things unlike THQ does. I think all 3 games are fun in their own ways.

#9 Posted by rickygeeze (2 posts) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9faeCnJy2k
#10 Posted by col2774 (3 posts) -
I agree Saints row had feature and stuff........but there is something about GTA ....its just F***ing unique and awesome
#12 Posted by fmlforever (13 posts) -
totaly agree. ist funnier .the weapons are better and the storyies more intresting. only the driving phisics are like from GTA SA
#13 Posted by maxshep4520 (83 posts) -

SR isnt what it once was. They used to be a street gang. I think after 2 it just sucked. 

#14 Posted by herteld (3 posts) -
No, it's not. There ARE elements I would say are better - i.e. the ability to carry a story forward from one game to another with familiar characters, etc. but as a whole game GTA is immeasurably better.