A couple of questions about Rock Band 3.

#1 Posted by SimpsonKnight (235 posts) -

I decided that I wanted to get this game but I have a couple of questions first. First of all, would my Rock Band 2 controllers work with it or do I have to get new controllers as well? Also, would I be able to import the songs that I bought for Rock Band 2 into Rock Band 3? Finally, is the new piano controller actually worth getting and, if so, how much does it typically cost?

Thanks in advance everyone.

#2 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

decided that I wanted to get this game but I have a couple of questions first. First of all, would my Rock Band 2 controllers work with it or do I have to get new controllers as well? Also, would I be able to import the songs that I bought for Rock Band 2 into Rock Band 3? Finally, is the new piano controller actually worth getting and, if so, how much does it typically cost?

to answer your questions

-yes RB2 controllers work on RB3 (i have a RB2 guitar and it works on RB3), really any third party guitars, and whatnot works for RB3 as long as they are PS3 compatible

-yes you can import RB2 songs DLC into RB3 (it does it automatically), but if you want to import RB2 songs from the game to RB3, you need the code thats in the RB2 game (bought new), when you used it to get your 20 free songs, use that code on the official RB site, to get your redemption code for RB3

-i have the keyboard and its worth getting, very fun to use, you can get it cheap on Amazon for roughly $60 new