remember when gothic was a fun and quirky game?

#1 Posted by cswatcoz (48 posts) -

when the delevlopers were experimenting with life and the fighting was amazingly horrible and you were happy to see your old friend diego again? then every iteration became more and more serious and finally everybody hated it.

no doubt this one will suck ass too but i'll probably still play it to the end like every other release.

#2 Posted by CaptainScrubby (346 posts) -

when the delevlopers were experimenting with life and the fighting was amazingly horrible and you were happy to see your old friend diego again? then every iteration became more and more serious and finally everybody hated it.

no doubt this one will suck ass too but i'll probably still play it to the end like every other release.

cswatcoz

You have no idea what you're talking about and haven't even played the game. This game is fun, quirky, and there are awesome and colorful characters throughout the game. Fighting still sort of sucks even though it's been streamlined, but more serious?

I played all the Gothic Games, Gothic 2 was full of little amusing things and it was three times as big as Gothic, then Gothic 3 depends on how you play, after it's patched it's a load of fun IF you side with the establishment (Orcs, Hashish, ect), if you go the Rebel/Nomad rout it just sucks all the fun out of it because they aren't fleshed out with cool and interesting characters. The way I played it was fun and full of wonderful scenery, and at the end I sided with my favorite old Necromancer and said screw the gods. Forsaken Gods was a friggin' crime, but that's not PB's fault, that's JoWood's fault.

Gothic Fans have pretty much all rejected Gothic 4, so the next game is Risen. Risen had moon jumping and some clunky controls but it also had plenty of interesting characters and stuff to explore. And now this game, which is a ton of fun.

I really have no clue what you're talking about, and I think you're trolling.

#3 Posted by thrice00 (951 posts) -
[QUOTE="CaptainScrubby"]

[QUOTE="cswatcoz"]

You have no idea what you're talking about and haven't even played the game. This game is fun, quirky, and there are awesome and colorful characters throughout the game. Fighting still sort of sucks even though it's been streamlined, but more serious?

I played all the Gothic Games, Gothic 2 was full of little amusing things and it was three times as big as Gothic, then Gothic 3 depends on how you play, after it's patched it's a load of fun IF you side with the establishment (Orcs, Hashish, ect), if you go the Rebel/Nomad rout it just sucks all the fun out of it because they aren't fleshed out with cool and interesting characters. The way I played it was fun and full of wonderful scenery, and at the end I sided with my favorite old Necromancer and said screw the gods. Forsaken Gods was a friggin' crime, but that's not PB's fault, that's JoWood's fault.

Gothic Fans have pretty much all rejected Gothic 4, so the next game is Risen. Risen had moon jumping and some clunky controls but it also had plenty of interesting characters and stuff to explore. And now this game, which is a ton of fun.

How can you bash so much witcher 2 and like this game??
#4 Posted by cswatcoz (48 posts) -

Ii have played the game. ive played all the gothics and risens.

case in point, slick, the end of risen 2 is bugged to where you cant complete the game. if you know who corrientes is, it breaks the firedoor.

perfect pirahna bytes ending, just like gothic 3 and the chalices.

troll on that, douche.

#5 Posted by BlazeKingz (502 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaptainScrubby"]

[QUOTE="cswatcoz"]

thrice00

How can you bash so much witcher 2 and like this game??

lol i got bored of witcher pretty quickly but spent the last few days playing risen 2. Just cause some reviewers like the game doesnt mean its the best game ever.

#6 Posted by CylonRaider01 (217 posts) -

Well  the ending is bugged but i finished the game by mistake completing "The Deserter" quest by bringing the deserter to venturo and it canceled all my quest and slammed me int o the end where a lame fight tooked place.The end? rushed,no cinematics.It was a disappointing game.Combat system tried to copy Witcher style but failed,no char bonding or connection.

#7 Posted by Renevent42 (5351 posts) -

Well  the ending is bugged but i finished the game by mistake completing "The Deserter" quest by bringing the deserter to venturo and it canceled all my quest and slammed me int o the end where a lame fight tooked place.The end? rushed,no cinematics.It was a disappointing game.Combat system tried to copy Witcher style but failed,no char bonding or connection.

CylonRaider01
The combat system is basically the same system used since Gothic, which came out WAAAAAAAY before The Witcher.
#8 Posted by CylonRaider01 (217 posts) -

I was comparing how it failled in this series,Gothic had a better combat system not one that you cant hit a Big crab cuz he is on a combo spree and you cant hit him.

#9 Posted by RenierMartens (3 posts) -

I know what you mean. They have taken out the classic story lines in games. I do like Risen 2 though.

And Witcher 2 sucks!!!

#10 Posted by elessarGObonzo (1158 posts) -

Ii have played the game. ive played all the gothics and risens.

case in point, slick, the end of risen 2 is bugged to where you cant complete the game. if you know who corrientes is, it breaks the firedoor.

perfect pirahna bytes ending, just like gothic 3 and the chalices.

troll on that, douche.

cswatcoz

you beat the game in 2 days? you just posted this dumbass.

cswatcoz

game is awesome. just like the first. havent encountered any glitches yet at about 30hrs.