Despite the naysayers...

#1 Posted by Reedikulos (7 posts) -
I keep thinking, how bad could this be? A lot of people seem doubtful about this game, but since I heard about it so many years ago, I was always interested. I'll probably pick it up regardless of reviews, but a real concern I have is the lack of any extended gameplay footage for more than a few seconds. The semi-rushed announce and soon to be release is a little worrisome, but is there any precedent for decent games coming out like that? I know Ride to Hell won't be a huge success and will probably have its share of flaws, but as long as it's not broken, I'm sure I'll enjoy it for what it is.
#2 Posted by vivalatour (1117 posts) -

I really am thinking the same , I have the last of us coming and this , plus I like 3rd person games ! it started off to be non-linear and then they were talking semi-linear (whatever that is) I really did not want an open world game to be linear , but , I may still give it a go , looks plain gritty and bloody all over the place ... :shock:

#3 Posted by Reedikulos (7 posts) -
Something else I'm not sure of. Of course, there' s gonna be a lot of bike riding, but is the rest of the game gonna be more of a brawler or third person shooter? If a shooter, is there a cover system? I miss brawlers deeply, so I'd prefer that, but I know there's gonna be some shooting too. A minor detail I liked about this back in the day was that vehicles could run out of gas. I'm assuming that they scrapped that feature, as I think it could annoy gamers and bog down the gameplay. Still, I thought it was an interesting touch to an open world game. If it's not open-world, then I doubt they'd use such a feature.
#4 Posted by DrKill09 (6238 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to this, along with Road Redemption.  Both will have Road Rash style combat, but this one is also open world.

Plus, it's $30.  Can't go wrong with that.  I think it looks fun as hell.  I mean look at Aliens Colonial Marines.  It looked worse, was boring, and was $60.

I'm sure the reviewers will nitpick this game to death, but I'm buying it as soon as my boyfriend gets paid.

#5 Posted by stev69 (109 posts) -
I'm sure the reviewers will nitpick this game to death, but I'm buying it as soon as my boyfriend gets paid.

DrKill09
So you are going to buy it as long as someone else pays for it?
#6 Posted by BlazeKingz (498 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to this, along with Road Redemption.  Both will have Road Rash style combat, but this one is also open world.

Plus, it's $30.  Can't go wrong with that.  I think it looks fun as hell.  I mean look at Aliens Colonial Marines.  It looked worse, was boring, and was $60.

DrKill09

from what i know about it it isnt an open world game and the bike combat is repetitive quicktime events of other bikers just appearing out of nowhere near you.

Road rash is an amazing game while this is total garbage

#7 Posted by rashbourne (75 posts) -

It would be pretty great if it were finished.