Worth It?

#1 Posted by Rakshee (112 posts) -
I played the first Resistance years back, and I never really felt an attachment, but I'm really starting to consider picking up the series. I'm sure I can find the first, if not the second as well, for dirt cheap, but is it worth the time to invest in the story? Or is it more like the type of game I'll play through, maybe forcing myself, and then forget in about two weeks like most other shooters?
#2 Posted by scouttrooperbob (2439 posts) -

I know this is an old post, but if anyone sees this I want them to know that Resistance 3 is the best storyline to the game and is full of awsome action. It is my favorite out of the series. Its only about 15 dollars now and its completly worth it. Im not sure how the online community is, but the single player is pretty sick.

#3 Posted by Rakshee (112 posts) -

I know this is an old post, but if anyone sees this I want them to know that Resistance 3 is the best storyline to the game and is full of awsome action. It is my favorite out of the series. Its only about 15 dollars now and its completly worth it. Im not sure how the online community is, but the single player is pretty sick.

scouttrooperbob
I appreciate the answer. What about the other two? Decent enough that I won't wanna shoot myself for wasting time?
#4 Posted by scouttrooperbob (2439 posts) -

[QUOTE="scouttrooperbob"]

Rakshee

I appreciate the answer. What about the other two? Decent enough that I won't wanna shoot myself for wasting time?

The first two are decent games.

the first has dated alot, so the gameplay and graphics are not up to par with alot of the games now, but its still worth a play. The second game is decent but its not mind blowing. Typicall fps.

#5 Posted by lowerclassbrat7 (215 posts) -

It's 19.99 usd new at Game Stop. This is the second best shooter series on the PS3 behind Killzone but has a better storyline. Give it a go @ that price and you will be more than happy with your purchase. Don't buy used though because it utilizes an online pass system. I would go so far as to recommend the trilogy package to anyone who only owns 1 or none to the Resistance games.