This game isn't as bad as people make it out to be!

User Rating: 7.5 | BioHazard: Gun Survivor (CapKore) PS
I played this game many years ago but I hardly did anything on it. But I recently re-bought this game off of eBay and I have played it all afternoon on the Easy difficulty, but I wish I played it on Normal now as Easy is too easy, to be honest (I played it on Easy because Resident Evil 2 can be pretty difficult on Normal difficulty). I seriously don't know why people seem to absolutely despise this game. Sure, I just completed it in 2 hours and 7 minutes, but it was well worth it. I wasn't able to use the Gun though, as it doesn't work with my TV, but that's not really a problem as the game was just fine with a controller (may be a bit less fun than using the Gun, but never mind). Think of this game as Resident Evil 2 with different locations and the entire game is in first person... that's what this game is. The cut-scenes play out just the same as the other games, if not a bit better (you sometimes got this weird freezing/loading thing on the older ones during animations, especially Resident Evil 2).

Another way to think of this game is Dead Aim but with nowhere near as pretty graphics as that game has. Imagine the in-game cut-scenes in Resident Evil 2, that's how this game looks but in a first person perspective. This game is also like an Arcade game, which I guess people didn't like it. The only thing I didn't like myself was the fact that you could not save (but you do get checkpoints), but it doesn't really matter after the first playthrough, as you know how the story works out and in truth it is an Arcade game). Don't be put off by the other reviews... I think it was the graphics which put people off the most, to be honest, but like every other game, you get used to them after playing the game for a bit...

it's a nice, fun little game and joins Dead Aim in my collection as one of those games you can just pick up every now and again to just blast your way through it for a fun afternoon. I am actually thinking of playing it again on Medium and taking different paths, hopefully getting the S ranking. There is actually one thing that got a bit tiring... I saw Mr. X for the first time immediately thinking of Resident Evil 2... I killed him and it was fun. But over the course of the next hour I saw at least 7 more (there is actually a point in the game where you have to kill about 4 of them one after the other and for some reason he doesn't seem scary at all in this game). But there are plenty of other great enemies in this game to look forward to (just keep thinking an enemy that was a big part of Resident Evil 2 but two of them at the same time!

I must say though, if you have played both Dead Aim and Resident Evil 2, some parts of this game just feel so familiar, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...

Overall, it is a fun little game which should be in every Resident Evil fans collection. Even if you are somebody who is collecting PS1 games, this game should be in there... and here is a tip: if at first you don't really like the game (the controls were mad at first when I changed them to Dual Shock), just keep playing... you will have fun!

Gameplay - 7/10 (probably 8/10 with the gun)
Graphics - 5/10