Too much game play in the dark or night. Unlike previous versions: balance!

#1 Posted by layhoma2004 (148 posts) -

I have purchased the game yet but all video reviews I could tell the gameplay is mostly done in the dark and visually it gets very bland. HD is fully utilzied when there is light and colors and this installment is just not very appealing. I'm just saying

#2 Posted by y3ivan (535 posts) -
Its need to appeal to all those kiddos from RE1&2&3. I wouldnt be "scary" if those things could be seen in daylight, right?
#3 Posted by -Silent--Death- (1365 posts) -
Its need to appeal to all those kiddos from RE1&2&3. I wouldnt be "scary" if those things could be seen in daylight, right?y3ivan
I think if you actually played 1, 2 and 3 you'd know RE6 is set in more dark areas than those games. At least in the original games you didn't need to max out your brightness just to see anything. RE6 is dark because it hides the crappy textures.
#4 Posted by y3ivan (535 posts) -
forgotten to mention that those games are in 2nd person view on a static background. Agree, the dev made it harder to see, which is a good thing, that way it could give horror fan cheap scare.
#5 Posted by bumpingrindin (39 posts) -

[QUOTE="y3ivan"]Its need to appeal to all those kiddos from RE1&2&3. I wouldnt be "scary" if those things could be seen in daylight, right?-Silent--Death-
I think if you actually played 1, 2 and 3 you'd know RE6 is set in more dark areas than those games. At least in the original games you didn't need to max out your brightness just to see anything. RE6 is dark because it hides the crappy textures.

really? I'm pretty sure in both 1 and 2 there wasn't a single time the game took place in daylight.

There's more scares in the first hour of Leon's campaign than in RE5 (whole game practically in the daylight) in it's entirety. 

#6 Posted by Nny3 (19112 posts) -

I think what he meant was, RE1 and RE2 are very bright. The only real dark areas in RE2 were the Chief's back room and some parts of the sewers. Compare that to RE 1.5, which was a very dark looking RPD building, or RE6, which has a lot of dark areas.

#7 Posted by -Silent--Death- (1365 posts) -

I think what he meant was, RE1 and RE2 are very bright. The only real dark areas in RE2 were the Chief's back room and some parts of the sewers. Compare that to RE 1.5, which was a very dark looking RPD building, or RE6, which has a lot of dark areas.

Nny3
Yup nailed it. I never struggled to see anything in those earlier games compared to RE6.
#8 Posted by Arsyad00 (393 posts) -

racist