This game needs to get back to its roots.

#1 Posted by jcknapier711 (380 posts) -
I haven't played an RE game all the way through since CV. The last one I played was 4 and I thought it sucked. They tried to turn it into a shooting game and that's not what I liked about CV. Maybe, I'm in the minority here, but the thing that I liked about the series was that it blended King Questish puzzles with action sequences. Now they've removed the puzzles and replaced the action with "FPS" type control. Which ruins the entire game format for me. I'm just assuming that 6 is similar to both 4 and 5's gameplay, but (at least according to reviews) not nearly as good. I'll definitely pass on this installment of the series.
#2 Posted by Zeonmystic (11 posts) -
I think you shouldn't be so stuck on the old. For example RE4 was bad IMHO and yes 5 and 6 are more action oriented but it is still a good game. Sometimes we should let it go a bit.
#3 Posted by darkziosj (166 posts) -
I think you shouldn't be so stuck on the old. For example RE4 was bad IMHO and yes 5 and 6 are more action oriented but it is still a good game. Sometimes we should let it go a bit.Zeonmystic
if old means good give me old any time, this game is not even close to a good action or horror game it fails on both sides.
#4 Posted by zezezemolskee9 (68 posts) -

They're starting to understand we want our horror back. Now they just need to understand we don't want as much asction. IMO i think resi 6 is on the right track. We're getting closer to the horror genre than we were with 4 and 5.

#5 Posted by Zeonmystic (11 posts) -
Exactly...
#6 Posted by hehe101 (783 posts) -

Boo hoo, it wold ruin capcom financially, their sales started to decline it needed to change get over it/

#7 Posted by zezezemolskee9 (68 posts) -

I get it, Capcoms greedy, and they won't let a series die if there's a chance they can make money. I can still **** at Capcom. If Resident Evil had bad sales, then stop making resident evil games. Make a new game, with new characters, and a new story, don't name a game Resident Evil, and then make a game completly different. That's what they did with 5. Or do the whle spinoff thing, like they did with orc, just make it clear it's a new type of resident evil, orc was **** it wasn't the action that ruined it, spinoff's could be a great thing, if implemented well. I still believe 6 was heading in the right direction though.

#8 Posted by Fandango_Letho (5412 posts) -

Horror don't sell. Action does. That's why most franchise evolve past it. Look, horror is my favorite genre. I love to be scared to death and I love to survive against incredible odds. But still, one person out of 10 likes this while 8 person out of 10 likes action and explosions.

#9 Posted by jcknapier711 (380 posts) -

Boo hoo, it wold ruin capcom financially, their sales started to decline it needed to change get over it/

hehe101
RE2 is the best selling RE game. And it's in the "old" format. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/desyphur/Troll_fail.jpg
#10 Posted by MrGamerDerek (3 posts) -
Completely agree with you. RE1 and RE2 are by far the best game in the series imo. The fact is that the older games were actually challenging. You were dumped in a situation with a load of zombies and then it was up to you the player to figure out how to get out of it. The game didn't hold your hand and tell you where to go and what to do, you simply had to start exploring and work it out for yourself. In the later games RE5/RE6 I can't see where the challenge is. You're just guided through the entire game from start to finish. It's completely linear game play with nothing to think about and no decisions to make. It's a good thing to modernize the graphics, game mechanics and controls e.t.c. but I want a game that offers some form of cerebral challenge as well.
#11 Posted by feron315 (5 posts) -
I totally agree with the linear part. The game is basically SO restricted now that you are not even allowed to go back to where you came from 10 seconds ago to re-explorer some stuff, they pretty much just keep pushing you to go forward. Also, I HATE what they did to the weapon and item slot system in RE6. What they did in RE4 and RE5 are alright, at least it gives you some opportunity to organize your weapons and item during the game and change your load out in between to fit the next chapter. In RE6, not only you are stuck with so many different guns that you have to keep scrolling through while running around like an as*, you have to keep throwing out valuable items to make space for their ammo (except if you have infinite ammo already). I honestly wish they can throw back in the weapon upgrade system like in RE2 where you have to actively try and find the parts instead of just picking up points after dead enemy to buy stuff. These are just my opinion though, I am sure some ppl like what they changed in RE6.
#12 Posted by zezezemolskee9 (68 posts) -

I hate how they did something new and interesting to the inventory system in resi 4, it was completely different than the original resi's, yet it felt like it might work. Then in 5 they were like, "Well we can't have people liking our game," so they had a similar layout to the originals, only a **** version. Compared to 5 i think 6's is better, even though it was confusing at first, you do get use to it.

#13 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1787 posts) -

hehe101
And sales of RE6 are not gonna be as high as 4 and 5. Gee I wonder why...
#14 Posted by MrGamerDerek (3 posts) -
There's no need to be like that. A lot of us don't like the direction this series has gone. Think we're entitled to express an opinion about it.
#15 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1787 posts) -

Horror don't sell. Action does. That's why most franchise evolve past it. Look, horror is my favorite genre. I love to be scared to death and I love to survive against incredible odds. But still, one person out of 10 likes this while 8 person out of 10 likes action and explosions.

Fandango_Letho
Wrong, Horror DOES sell, just not as much as greed capcom wants it too.
#16 Posted by -Origin- (1816 posts) -

Re5 was the best mix of the two. Re6 is the more action orriented game yet in the franchise. I for one welcome this change, I think it's fun to have a more fast paced and skill based game featuring all the favorite resident evil characters. I'm enjoying re6 quiet a lot, but undoubtedly re5 is my favorite of all the games.