Should I get this game

#1 Posted by trocks89 (47 posts) -

Should I get this game

#2 Posted by KokutenNagaki (853 posts) -

No.

#3 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (566 posts) -

Nope. It's awful. A complete letdown.

#4 Posted by Eienkei (1 posts) -

I really liked this game, and you should know I don't like the fact that RE4 changed RE series, but I cannot get why people say RE4 or RE5 were great but RE6 sucks!

The only problem I had was handling camera when it loses the focus, even I get used to that pretty easy, but having no control over the game or dying because of controls? No offense but have those people played any games or know how to play one? Or do they need the game to present a tutorial everytime something happens?

I think you should play it if you are a RE fan, either rent it or buy it, I bought it & I am pretty happy!

#5 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (566 posts) -

It's not that I dislike the game because of dying, because I hardly died at all. I'm just saying it's boring as heck to play a game where you spend more time watching cutscenes than actually playing the game. If the story was mindblowingly good, I might be able to tolerate it, but that's not the case here.

Basically you have almost no control over anything, and the 5 minutes out of every hour you do have control, the movement is all jerky and annoying, or your character moves down a certain preset path when you move the left stick, and all you can do is move, not move, or look around... which may as well be another cutscene. Then you've got an occasional button you've gotta push during the cutscenes to make sure you're still awake.

I've been playing this series since "Resident Evil: The Director's Cut." My favorites were the original and 4. RE5 was alright, but not great IMO, and 6 just dropped off the scale. This game is just absolutely horrible IMO

#6 Posted by Freboy (20 posts) -

Wait until you can get it second hand at least. It's not worth paying full price for, and it will not directly profit Capcom.

#7 Posted by amourkiss (1751 posts) -

why not?

you bought your PS3 for playing fun games right?

#8 Posted by Rizer (982 posts) -

Well, it depends. I was entertained by RE6, but not exactly for the reason I expected. It's more like a movie with button prompts often reminding me of games like heavy rain. Graphics were great and the characters were interesting enough, but it was so linear and removed from the horror genre. Basically it's a story telling game, so if you liked the tension and scare factor play of RE1-4 you might want to rent this one first because it's not going to have that feel.

#9 Posted by guywthclss (1 posts) -
NOPE..and let me tell you I am a resident evil fan since 1998. I say this with a super heavy heart...I think I am done with the series unless Capcom takes their lumps on this one, sits down and gets back to it's roots. Here are the problems. 1. Player control. I understand all the new "cool" games use player controls where you can jog left/right while aiming and firing but with all the mayhem going on I want more simple controls. Turn, run shoot etc. 2. Game interactivity. Other bloggers here are correct. essentially the player is left out of the game here. You, the player, are a bystander as far as I can tell. Ironic since you suppose to be "playing" it..lol 3. #2 leads me to this one, Game immersion. Cut scenes and other issues work completely against making you FEEL like you are there in the trenches of it. I started to sense this issue in RE 4 although it was not bad but I could have done without it. RE 5 was about like RE 4 and did not really detract from the game although again, could have done without it. But RE 6, just out of control with lack of immersion. All of these things work to make RE 6 a loser. Capcom (in the press) seems to pretend they don't have a clue what we are all talking about and that his game will be a hit. I hope truly that they are just keeping a "chin up" about it will act on the reality and scrap this mess if there is ever an RE7. Given te complexity of a blu ray disk they can EASILY let it be customizable to let the PLAYER choose do play without cut scenes or play with the traditional character controls...etc. Again, I have a heavy heart with it all. Do not get this game.
#10 Posted by Leejjohno (14088 posts) -

I really liked this game, and you should know I don't like the fact that RE4 changed RE series, but I cannot get why people say RE4 or RE5 were great but RE6 sucks!

The only problem I had was handling camera when it loses the focus, even I get used to that pretty easy, but having no control over the game or dying because of controls? No offense but have those people played any games or know how to play one? Or do they need the game to present a tutorial everytime something happens?

I think you should play it if you are a RE fan, either rent it or buy it, I bought it & I am pretty happy!

Eienkei

That camera issue you talk about actually hurts my eyes, especially when you spend 60% of the game in claustrophobic environments and it's worse when you are continuously running in those environments.

The game frustratingly punishes you with drawn out death sequences, when you only died because of a ****ed up  gameplay mechanic. I mean, drowning in a sinking sub because I couldn't get Ada to face the right way at the correct side of the ladders twice in a row says something about the game. I haven't had that sort of trouble since Tomb Raider 3.

The pace of Chris's campaign is too fast for all the drawn out knock back/knock downs. It looks cool and dramatic, but you often need to do objectives with a bit of urgency. Constantly being knocked to the ground for 5 seconds by a sniper who respawns faster than some of the enemies in COD4 is just awful. The guys with the rpgs knock you into some last stand animation and then hit you again while you are down by just firing at the wall behind you regardless of cover.

There are times when the game is enjoyable but those occasions are few and far between. Usually in Leons campaign, and mostly when the enemies don't have guns.

#11 Posted by CelestialRosen (9 posts) -

Yup :)

Other than the negative reviews for re6 on gamespot, it's a good game IMO.

#12 Posted by stellarshow (27 posts) -

I would say yes, buy it.  Going through the campaigns gives you lots of enjoyable hours of gameplay.  Biggest problem I have is with the QTE's.  Just let me do what I want in these situations, not what the developers want me to do...stop holding my hand.

#13 Posted by inuyashagalo (73 posts) -

Resident Evil 6 has many flaws, but people complaints doesn't make much sense.

Simple controls would be a mess in games these days. Maybe it would fit in PS Vita or 3DS. Actually, simple controls takes a lot of liberty in gameplay, something that a lot of people are complaining.

I don't understand the problems with QTEs. They've been there in past games. Some are boring, other are frustating. R4 had these and it was still awesome.

Cutscenes too long? Really, people? I thought they were too short, like always...
And you can skip cutscenes, what's the problem?

The biggest problem with this Resident Evil in my opinion, not considering the action genre, it's that this game had so much potential and Capcom couldn't use it. I think that with a simple patch, they could correct many things and gameplay experience would be even better.

To TC, if you would like to play survival horror, then no, don't buy this game.
If you want a play a fun game, or you do like Resident Evil story and characters, then this should be a good game.
If you like playing with friends (online or offline), this would be awesome.

#14 Posted by ereius69 (2 posts) -
Posted this in another thread in summary it depends who you are and what you want. If you are an old fan of the series then NO don't get it. If you like action games and don't care about the the way this game will break your heart at seeing what direction the franchise has taken then YES its worth a buy although wait for a bit its not worth the money yet. I think the score is fine, this game does not deserve more than a 4.5 and I praise gamespot for having the balls to say it. Now before you jump on me please please just listen. If this game was called "The virus" or any other name I would agree that it would deserve an easy 7/10 however I am so saddened by what the franchise has become that I totally, abhor this game no part of me can like it or appreciate it once it carries the "Resident Evil" tag, the reason as I said above is not because it is a bad game... but because Resident Evil was once The Phantom of the Opera of Survival horror ........ and now here is resident evil 6 ..... a Jason statman movie I do not know whether any of you played the classics specifically the RES1 & RES2, but if you did this game would break your heart. This is not Resident Evil...... this a action packed game with a superficial entertainment value.... Yes I found "The Expendables 2" Entertaining, I loved all the action but a week after I watched it I forgot most of it and I would not really like to watch it again.... ah but V for Vendetta, Lord of the Rings, Equilibrium, the Matrix now those for me are classics forever etched in my heart and mind........ Do remember the tension of opening a door during RES 1 or 2?....... The lack of Amo, the raristy of the Red herbs? the simple Pistol.... the helplessness and horror throughout the game... The beautiful feeling of finding a Typewriter....... ahhhh I could spend a good 20 minutes in a "safe-house" (where typewriters are no mobs there) listening to that relaxing music before gathering enough courage to go back out and open the next door... How can you possibly have experienced what I did in playing RES1 and RES 2 and like this game?! Its not plausible please make me understand because I really do not get it. And for F&^% sake zombies with Guns???? I am sorry but this game is closer to devil may cry than to any resident evil I played.... yes simple minds will like it: Its linear packed with action and has that co-op mode...... Bah The good old times we used to play RES1 in a dark room and piss ourselfs now you have Co-op lol and reanimation when you die a marker telling you where to go ... Survival Horror is dead killed by the Z Virus and from its ashes an abomination is born ..... Resident Evil 6
#15 Posted by Tribesmaster (656 posts) -

This is obviously a touchy question, since some people down right hate the game, and some others actually did enjoy it (like myself). You should just rent it then decide for yourself.

#16 Posted by grabe2012 (3 posts) -
How can i download PC games Any RE??there no put download:(( elp mie..
#17 Posted by resident_jisen (345 posts) -
first let me say ignore everyone the ones who like and hate the game. two rent the game and judge it for your self if it`s worth buying. nuff said
#18 Posted by grabe2012 (3 posts) -
Guys,,how to download that game in PC for free?or Here, its no putting download in the selection.. How about the residentEvil.net??how to play the game??please tell me guys.
#19 Posted by grabe2012 (3 posts) -
Guys,,how to download that game in PC for free?or Here, its no putting download in the selection.. How about the residentEvil.net??how to play the game??please tell me guys.
#20 Posted by resident_jisen (345 posts) -
[QUOTE="ereius69"]Posted this in another thread in summary it depends who you are and what you want. If you are an old fan of the series then NO don't get it. If you like action games and don't care about the the way this game will break your heart at seeing what direction the franchise has taken then YES its worth a buy although wait for a bit its not worth the money yet. I think the score is fine, this game does not deserve more than a 4.5 and I praise gamespot for having the balls to say it. Now before you jump on me please please just listen. If this game was called "The virus" or any other name I would agree that it would deserve an easy 7/10 however I am so saddened by what the franchise has become that I totally, abhor this game no part of me can like it or appreciate it once it carries the "Resident Evil" tag, the reason as I said above is not because it is a bad game... but because Resident Evil was once The Phantom of the Opera of Survival horror ........ and now here is resident evil 6 ..... a Jason statman movie I do not know whether any of you played the classics specifically the RES1 & RES2, but if you did this game would break your heart. This is not Resident Evil...... this a action packed game with a superficial entertainment value.... Yes I found "The Expendables 2" Entertaining, I loved all the action but a week after I watched it I forgot most of it and I would not really like to watch it again.... ah but V for Vendetta, Lord of the Rings, Equilibrium, the Matrix now those for me are classics forever etched in my heart and mind........ Do remember the tension of opening a door during RES 1 or 2?....... The lack of Amo, the raristy of the Red herbs? the simple Pistol.... the helplessness and horror throughout the game... The beautiful feeling of finding a Typewriter....... ahhhh I could spend a good 20 minutes in a "safe-house" (where typewriters are no mobs there) listening to that relaxing music before gathering enough courage to go back out and open the next door... How can you possibly have experienced what I did in playing RES1 and RES 2 and like this game?! Its not plausible please make me understand because I really do not get it. And for F&^% sake zombies with Guns???? I am sorry but this game is closer to devil may cry than to any resident evil I played.... yes simple minds will like it: Its linear packed with action and has that co-op mode...... Bah The good old times we used to play RES1 in a dark room and piss ourselfs now you have Co-op lol and reanimation when you die a marker telling you where to go ... Survival Horror is dead killed by the Z Virus and from its ashes an abomination is born ..... Resident Evil 6

All i can say to you if you don`t get why some of us like this game well you don`t know what resident evil is about. and i`m not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you since you have a simple mind your self.i`ve played all of the re games code veronica being my first re game than 1 than 3 than 2 then 4 then 5 and then 6 in that order.so i know this series and love it to death.if you don`t get it why people just love the series no matter how much it changes you will never get it.So to sum this up. there some of us re fans just love the series plain and simple.