Seriously, wtf is with all these interruptions?

#1 Posted by mikeyman2002 (21 posts) -

I get it, you want more "action" in your survival horror, but is it really necessary to bombard the player with QTE, button prompts, cutscenes, and having your partner stack up with you just to open a freaking door to someone's bathroom? Smart games just show you these set piece events without having these disruptive QTE and cutscene sequences.

I swear, the only reason the game is 20+ hours long is that half of it is loaded with these exogenous "action" sequences that inserts itself like a prick into the actual horror and tension segments. You had 600 employees working on this game and not ONE of them found this to be excessive during playtesting? No wonder japanese developers are going down the drain...

#2 Posted by Tribesmaster (659 posts) -

I enjoy the game

#3 Posted by Fandango_Letho (5412 posts) -
At least the cutscenes looks super cool and the QTE's aren't all that bad. Unless you've got really bad reflexes or something.
#4 Posted by zezezemolskee9 (68 posts) -

People overexagerate the cutscenes. One of the main reasons to play resi is for the story. If it was an action game, and the main point was to shoot everything that moves, then yeah, there might of been an excessive amount of cutscenes. They flow real nice, and with 3 stories intertwining,it is kind of importante.

#5 Posted by KokutenNagaki (853 posts) -

People overexagerate the cutscenes. One of the main reasons to play resi is for the story. If it was an action game, and the main point was to shoot everything that moves, then yeah, there might of been an excessive amount of cutscenes. They flow real nice, and with 3 stories intertwining,it is kind of importante.

zezezemolskee9

Play for the story? lol. They wrapped up RE insane nonsese of a story in RE5, the lazy writers at Capcom just made up more BS for this game. No one is playing this game for the story, because the story is terrible.

#6 Posted by zezezemolskee9 (68 posts) -

That is your opinion. Some people do.

#7 Posted by zezezemolskee9 (68 posts) -

So when you say no one, you are wrong.

#8 Posted by Zonelezz (735 posts) -

damn these QTE's drive me bonkers. there not hard but annoying. 

#9 Posted by Zeonmystic (11 posts) -
Playing skillfully avoids 80 percent of QTEs ;) Learn how to play better ;)