Petition for Game Spot to re-review Resident Evil 6!

• 77 results
#1 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

This game does not deserve a 4.5. I just finished Leon and Chris' campaign and I'm sure I will love Jake and Ada's. 

It improves and adds on better gamply from RE4 and RE5. Maybe it's not the best RE for it's time, but it's the best Resident Evil so far.

It's better than RE5 for sure, and they gave it an 8.5, and this is better in every way, so why would you drop it 4.0 points on the grading scale?

A 4.5 is a very bashing score. Even if you hate this game, I'd say it deserves no less than a 7.0 for the effort put into it.

The cover system feels a little clunky at first, but you get used to it. 

I want someone else to review the game. This guy is cleary just knit picking at anything that isn't just perfect to him. For example,  he mention "you need super human joystick wiggling skills to break free from enemies". Did he not purchase the upgrade that makes it much more easier?

THIS POST IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT THE GAME TO BE RE-REVIEWED. I'VE ALREADY HEARD PLENTY OPINIONS ON WHY THOSE OF YOU THINK THIS GAME SUCKS, SO YOU CAN KEEP THOSE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF OR POST THEM ON ANOTHER TOPIC.

#2 Posted by -Silent--Death- (1365 posts) -
Have you heard of a little thing called, "an opinion"? Who cares, someone didn't like a game you did. Get over it.
#3 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

Have you heard of a little thing called, "an opinion"? Who cares, someone didn't like a game you did. Get over it.-Silent--Death-

This game doesn't deserve this low of a score. So yeah, I'm gonna **** about it. I trust Game Spot for most of my reviews, and this is just ridiculous. I'm not the only one complaining. I'm sure a lot of people would like to see the game re-reviewed. After all, this is coming from one of the biggest if not the biggest video game website. It does influence people's opinions on whether or not to buy a game, I've seen many people talking about canceling their pre-ordered because of it, and I'm saying it doesn't deserve this low of a score.

#4 Posted by HaK-ForgoTT3n (1 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"]Have you heard of a little thing called, "an opinion"? Who cares, someone didn't like a game you did. Get over it.88Metallica

This game doesn't deserve this low of a score. So yeah, I'm gonna **** about it. I trust Game Spot for most of my reviews, and this is just ridiculous. I'm not the only one complaining. I'm sure a lot of people would like to see the game re-reviewed. After all, this is coming from one of the biggest if not the biggest video game website. It does influence people's opinions on whether or not to buy a game, I've seen many people talking about canceling their pre-ordered because of it, and I'm saying it doesn't deserve this low of a score.

Stop crying geek. Who cares about reviews? Resident evil sucks nowadays anyway. It turned into an action game and should get a **** score just for that IMO. Now go away.

#5 Posted by -Silent--Death- (1365 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"]Have you heard of a little thing called, "an opinion"? Who cares, someone didn't like a game you did. Get over it.88Metallica

Does other people cancelling their pre-orders make you lose sleep at night? If you think it doesn't deserve such a low score - how's this. Go create your own gaming website and review it. I cancelled my pre-order because like the other guy said, the game is **** I don't need a single persons opinion to tell me if a game is good or not when unlike you, I can think for myself.
#6 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

You guys are a couple of d-cks. Why are you trolling this board if you hate the game so much. Maybe y'all should go away.

#7 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

[QUOTE="88Metallica"]

[QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"]Have you heard of a little thing called, "an opinion"? Who cares, someone didn't like a game you did. Get over it.-Silent--Death-

Does other people cancelling their pre-orders make you lose sleep at night? If you think it doesn't deserve such a low score - how's this. Go create your own gaming website and review it. I cancelled my pre-order because like the other guy said, the game is **** I don't need a single persons opinion to tell me if a game is good or not when unlike you, I can think for myself.

And how do you know if the game sucks. Have you played the actual game, not just the demo. I mean since you canceled your pre-order and all.

#8 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

People, please don't make the perception of gamers any sadder, if someone important sees that someone actually took their time to complain and try to petition for somebody to change their opinion on a game they liked, then that someone would justifiably have fuel for killing all gamers for being a plague and a menace and a waste of space.

I mean, this is just sad.

#9 Posted by BryanParksSuper (699 posts) -

RE 6 does deserve the 4.5. The game isn't RE and you people know it. Don't blame reviewers when it's Capcom's fault. After RE 4, RE was no longer RE. Face the truth

#10 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

You guys are probably the ones who really are geeks, and get picked on continuosly in life, so you like to get on message boards and YouTube and be complete d-cks for no reason, and get off to it, because if you did it in real life to someone's face, you know you'd get the sh*t beat out of you. So you take your anger out on people like me. It's okay, go ahead, I understand now, I feel bad for you both.

#11 Posted by hehe101 (783 posts) -

Agreed I don't actually care what everyone else thinks, 4.5 is saying it's on ORC level which it's not, end of story. Sign me up.

#12 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

People, please don't make the perception of gamers any sadder, if someone important sees that someone actually took their time to complain and try to petition for somebody to change their opinion on a game they liked, then that someone would justifiably have fuel for killing all gamers for being a plague and a menace and a waste of space.

SPYDER0416

I'm not asking the reviewer to change their opinion, I'm asking for a second opinion. A review from someone else. I think this person is one of the people that already didn't like the progression RE was going, so he went in biased, and just complained about the truck and trains hitting him. He didn't really mention much about what was wrong with the game. 

And I, "Have fuel for killing all gamers for being a plague and a menace and a waste of space."? I'm confused. lol

#13 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

Agreed I don't actually care what everyone else thinks, 4.5 is saying it's on ORC level which it's not, end of story. Sign me up.

hehe101

Thank you for actually being polite. I'm glad you agree with me too. Even if you didn't, I'm glad you weren't here making immature insults. 

#14 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

88Metallica

I'm not asking the reviewer to change their opinion, I'm asking for a second opinion. A review from someone else. I think this person is one of the people that already didn't like the progression RE was going, so he went in biased, and just complained about the truck and trains hitting him. He didn't really mention much about what was wrong with the game. 

And I, "Have fuel for killing all gamers for being a plague and a menace and a waste of space."? I'm confused. lol

There are many, many opinions on it from many sites. You know what the average is on all those sites combined on Metacritic?

68, as in most people scored it really bad (and Destructoid gave it a 3) so there's your second opinion. A few good ones there too, but that's not going to change that fact that this game has an overwhelmingly low score for a AAA title, and not many people like it just because you do, the world doesn't revolve around you dude and I doubt any of the higher ups at Gamespot give one remote poop about one guy's petition for them to stop everything they're doing and appease you.

#15 Posted by archelius (68 posts) -

Let me start with the demo i played it....and totally loved it! it was an amazing experience but yes the scares were kinda missing,and some minir flaws but that was just it i had no other issues at all. I have pre-ordered it and it hasn't released in my part of the third world but i am confidant that the game will satisfy my hunger for more and more from the resident evil franchise. I feel Kevin Vanord is a great reviewer but he has something against the  resident evil franchise as seen from the the heart breaking score of 4.5 the same score he earlier gave to ORC earlier this year but Operation Racoon city was a crap game and totally deserved it but RE 6 does not and I mean it when i say does not deserve the same score of a 4.5 its a definite 8! Kevin should refrain from reviewing the franchise ever again cause his opinion will drive many fans away from purchasing cause they blindly trust the reviewer(kevin is a great reviewer) and wont even give the demo a try and cause RE 6 to sell less and I as a hardcore fan among tons of others will suffer by the end of the franchise by capcom going broke!

#16 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

[QUOTE="88Metallica"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

SPYDER0416

There are many, many opinions on it from many sites. You know what the average is on all those sites combined on Metacritic?

68, as in most people scored it really bad (and Destructoid gave it a 3) so there's your second opinion. A few good ones there too, but that's not going to change that fact that this game has an overwhelmingly low score for a AAA title, and not many people like it just because you do, the world doesn't revolve around you dude and I doubt any of the higher ups at Gamespot give one remote poop about one guy's petition for them to stop everything they're doing and appease you.

Is it against the law to start a petition? Jeez, y'all are really trying your best to make me feel like a jack-a** aren't you? And can you please stop being so exaggerative? Did I ask Gamespot to "stop everything they are doing, just to please me"? No, I simply started a petition, and gave my reasons why.

I'm sure other people, like one, so far, has agreed. So therefore, it isn't just my opinion, is it? 

#17 Posted by Yannakos (585 posts) -

Signed... I MIGHT give it a 6.5 if I really stretch the imagination... But 4.5 is way over-zealous.

#18 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="88Metallica"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

88Metallica

Is it against the law to start a petition? Jeez, y'all are really trying your best to make me feel like a jack-a** aren't you? And can you please stop being so exaggerative? Did I ask Gamespot to "stop everything they are doing, just to please me"? No, I simply started a petition, and gave my reasons why.

I'm sure other people, like one, so far, has agreed. So therefore, it isn't just my opinion, is it? 

You started a (rather pointless) petition to get a second opinion, which quite literally is asking them to drop what they are doing to please you and give a second opinion only you asked for, while ignoring the many, many, many secondary opinions out there you could use to validate your purchase (or whatever reason you are angry at a review that does not affect you in any way). And of course, with everyone going against you, you seem to think you are in the right while insulting everyone in this thread for disagreeing or thinking your ipetition is (rightfully) pointless.

Very classy move OP.

#19 Posted by -Silent--Death- (1365 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"][QUOTE="88Metallica"]

And how do you know if the game sucks. Have you played the actual game, not just the demo. I mean since you canceled your pre-order and all.

Why you mad bro? The demo is exactly the same as the full game, and it sucked balls. Therefore I have a right to my opinion that the game sucks and so does the Gamespot reviewer. Just curious, do you cry over every game you like that gets a low score? By your logic, there should be no games you like getting low scores on any websites, because whenever they are reviewed, you whinge and try and get them to change it.
#21 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

[QUOTE="88Metallica"]

[QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"][QUOTE="88Metallica"]

[QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"]Have you heard of a little thing called, "an opinion"? Who cares, someone didn't like a game you did. Get over it.-Silent--Death-

Why you mad bro? The demo is exactly the same as the full game, and it sucked balls. Therefore I have a right to my opinion that the game sucks and so does the Gamespot reviewer. Just curious, do you cry over every game you like that gets a low score? By your logic, there should be no games you like getting low scores on any websites, because whenever they are reviewed, you whinge and try and get them to change it.

I'm mad because you were being rude with me to begin with before I got rude with you.

#22 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

[QUOTE="88Metallica"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="88Metallica"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

SPYDER0416

You started a (rather pointless) petition to get a second opinion, which quite literally is asking them to drop what they are doing to please you and give a second opinion only you asked for, while ignoring the many, many, many secondary opinions out there you could use to validate your purchase (or whatever reason you are angry at a review that does not affect you in any way). And of course, with everyone going against you, you seem to think you are in the right while insulting everyone in this thread for disagreeing or thinking your ipetition is (rightfully) pointless.

Very classy move OP.

I didn't insult you, or anyone, until they insulted me. YOU said, I was "a plague and a menace and a waste of space", that me posting this topic "was just sad" and "the world doesn't revolve around you dude and I doubt any of the higher ups at Gamespot give one remote poop about one guy's petition for them to stop everything they're doing and appease you" which clearly wasn't what I was saying or doing. Very classy *cough* hypocrital *cough*.

#23 Posted by DrKill09 (6238 posts) -

Duke Forever did not deserve a 3.5.  This deserved a 4.5.  Quick time events suck ass.

#24 Posted by TheRaiderNation (1653 posts) -

I don't agree with Kevin, based on my experience with the game. It is his opinion, if that is what the guy truly felt about the game (and it is not because capcom didn't pay gamespot off) then he is free to write about it and score the game a 4.5.

#25 Posted by darkziosj (166 posts) -

are you going to kill the guy in desctructoid that gave it 3/10 or the others bad reviews this game deserves?

#26 Posted by Kaio18 (1 posts) -
Does it really matter what someone scores a game? Everyone has different opinions on games, so while someone loves Madden games and hates the Marvel vs. Capcom series, there's someone else that feels the exact opposite, it's all a matter of opinion. I don't see the point in getting all worked up over someone's opinion on a game. This is why I don't really follow reviews on movies, games, TV shows, etc...It's all a matter of opinion, so I don't really see the point in starting up a petition to make someone re-review a game, since then you're asking them to totally change their opinion. I think if you like a game, then good for you, go out and enjoy your game instead of wasting time complaining that everyone else doesn't like it as much as you.
#27 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
I just bought this game because i got to play it over the weekend through my buddy who works at a video store....its pretty cool and i liked it enough that i went out and bought it today.I watch the reviews on here and usually agree but I dont agree with this one...they really dropped the ball on this review
#28 Posted by GavinUK86 (4 posts) -

FUNNIEST. TOPIC. EVER.

lol. please, keep responding to people, it's hilarious.

*sits back with some popcorn*

Oh, by the way, the game deserved what Kevin gave it. It's pretty terrible.

#29 Posted by Nintendo_ltd (7 posts) -

resident 6 get what it gives

RE7 - SPOILER::

1. we are only gonna see Leon's hand with a gun

2. Mercenaries now can be played with up to 32 players

3. You can use tanks

#30 Posted by throwbackgamer (4 posts) -
I agree
#31 Posted by Prisonofhope (152 posts) -

Last RE game i have sat down and played was Code verionica....needless to say i dont know what happend to RE series but please....no more

#32 Posted by Kilew (75 posts) -

You guys are probably the ones who really are geeks, and get picked on continuosly in life, so you like to get on message boards and YouTube and be complete d-cks for no reason, and get off to it, because if you did it in real life to someone's face, you know you'd get the sh*t beat out of you. So you take your anger out on people like me. It's okay, go ahead, I understand now, I feel bad for you both.

88Metallica

Funny. They're not the ones butthurt by a videogame. Oh sorry, not even a videogame, a videogame review. Now that is pathetic.

#33 Posted by theexperience13 (236 posts) -

Signed. Based on what I've played so far in Leon's campaign, this game deserves at least an 8.

#34 Posted by veggie530 (2873 posts) -
There's nothing wrong with starting a petition, but I would caution this, TS: Gamespot is not the only gaming review website to give the game a low score. A "second look" type review (which I think IGN does often) is an excellent idea, but Gamespot has no reason to really pursue such an idea since every other website seems to concur with them. That being said, there is nothing wrong with suggesting it. The posters of questionable maturity replying to you aren't worth responding to, so I would just cease & desist and only respond to intelligent posts.
#35 Posted by adamh1981 (788 posts) -

4.5 is still too high a score to give this fetid garbage to. As was RE4 and RE5.

Resident Evil died in 1999.

#36 Posted by chroniclehobbit (96 posts) -

I like RE6. It does not deserve a poor score. Respectfully everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it does not mean they have to start arguments over it all. If there were a serious petition for a re-review, I would sign it. But I really don't think some big-shot is going to care either way. They reviewed what they reviewed and the voice of gamers on this website will fall on deaf ears. Check out other reviews from different websites, they all range from poor to outstandning reviews, just as all games do!

I feel it's safe to speak for myself say that I agree with seeing a re-review of RE6!

Please excuse my typos.

Sleep well fellow gamers!

#37 Posted by HyLeRo (31 posts) -

silent death is a trolling loser f*gg*t

resident evil did not die in 1999. with new technology, developers are able to expand on ways to tell the stories. if the metal gear series was still NES style to keep it classic, it would've never taken off and achieved the amount of success that it earned. this is why purists annoy me. the old games have already been made. if you only enjoy playing those, whip out the old console and stay in the past. to bash a game because it is too different from its predecessor is asinine. this is what's wrong with modern gaming, too many casual players want the same recycled garbage which makes COD and the likes reliable cash cows. oh, you'll complain and say the game was the same as the year before, but you'll still purchase the game and even the dlc.

its called progress people. if you didnt enjoy playing the game, thats fair, its ur opinion. but to knock the game down because it isn't like the 3-4 games made in the past is beyond retarded. 

#38 Posted by redskins5566 (385 posts) -

I mean who cares what the review is? Why are you so worried about it? IF you like the game then play the game. Its not like he tricked you out of playing the game because of his review. Get over it and go enjoy the game and stop finding a reason to complain about something.

#39 Posted by DbleBassDrummer (1375 posts) -

Some food for thought... Just because you guys like the game, doesn't mean it's good. It's very possible to like a bad game, and dislike a good one.

I can tell that Skyrim is a fantastic game, but I didn't like it. It's not for me.

I know Duke Nukem Forever is terrible, but I can't help it, I liked it anyway.

Everything in review of Resident Evil 6 is true. Just because you like it anyway does not change the fact that there is a lot wrong with it.

#40 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1787 posts) -
Resident Evil is like the simpsons, it was good for a while, but when you do everything, and keep dragging it on and on with no creativity, it kinda starts to suck balls.
#41 Posted by PLH2034 (87 posts) -
This game is horrible the 4.5 was generous. game play = 0 mechanics = 0 graphics = 9 sounds like a 4.5 to me
#42 Posted by Yukie1121 (318 posts) -

You guys are a couple of d-cks. Why are you trolling this board if you hate the game so much. Maybe y'all should go away.

88Metallica

I honestly can't stand this logic. They disagree with my opinion, therefore they must be a troll.

#43 Posted by CloudXentar (556 posts) -

I find it silly when members here say that the score of this review is ''only an opinion''. Well , you're wrong there. This opinion is the one that matters. You see, your opinion and mine won't be posted on the other offical reviewing sites and magazines nor will it be present on the wiki page. The score from gamespot and others will, and it will mater then. And especially if it's this bad, yeah it will hurt the sales.

And if you still say that score doesn't matter then please look at the coments section and you will see... countless people saying ''Oh... I thought the game was good. Guess I should cancel my order then. Thank God that Gamespot was there to give me an opinion as I wouldn't have any of my own.''

#44 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

[QUOTE="88Metallica"]

Yukie1121

I honestly can't stand this logic. They disagree with my opinion, therefore they must be a troll.

Did you read some of the things they said to me before I posted this? I don't care if people disagree with me. When you call me a geek, a plague, a waste of space, saying do I cry about every game that gets a bad review. They were being rude. So I decided to call them d-cks, because clearly, that's what they were being.

They told me to go away. Why should I go away from an RE6 board when I'm trying to support the game? They don't like the game and they are posting on the board quite a bit. That's what defines a troll. It doesn't get more "logical" that that.

If you don't like the game, that's fine, this thread was supposed to be for fans of the game who were disappointed in the review of Game Spot. I've seen plenty of petitions by artist, for example, Mudvayne. Whether you like them or not, they started a petition to Revolver for giving By the People, For the People a bad review. Well they got enough people to sign so they actually re-reviewed the album with a different reviewer.

The truth is a lot of people pay attention to what Game Spot has to say. People are going to listen to them a lot more than some thrid party rinky dink website. For me, I pay attention to Gamespot, IGN, Game Informer, and Giant Bomb. Anything else in my opinion isn't worth reading.

#47 Posted by 88Metallica (777 posts) -

I find it silly when members here say that the score of this review is ''only an opinion''. Well , you're wrong there. This opinion is the one that matters. You see, your opinion and mine won't be posted on the other offical reviewing sites and magazines nor will it be present on the wiki page. The score from gamespot and others will, and it will mater then. And especially if it's this bad, yeah it will hurt the sales.

And if you still say that score doesn't matter then please look at the coments section and you will see... countless people saying ''Oh... I thought the game was good. Guess I should cancel my order then. Thank God that Gamespot was there to give me an opinion as I wouldn't have any of my own.''

CloudXentar

Exactly! This is what I'm trying to say! lol Thank you! :)

#48 Posted by DbleBassDrummer (1375 posts) -

This guy likes Saint Anger, he obviously has no standards of quality. :P

#49 Posted by -Silent--Death- (1365 posts) -

resident evil did not die in 1999. with new technology, developers are able to expand on ways to tell the stories. if the metal gear series was still NES style to keep it classic, it would've never taken off and achieved the amount of success that it earned. this is why purists annoy me. the old games have already been made. if you only enjoy playing those, whip out the old console and stay in the past. to bash a game because it is too different from its predecessor is asinine. this is what's wrong with modern gaming, too many casual players want the same recycled garbage which makes COD and the likes reliable cash cows. oh, you'll complain and say the game was the same as the year before, but you'll still purchase the game and even the dlc.

its called progress people. if you didnt enjoy playing the game, thats fair, its ur opinion. but to knock the game down because it isn't like the 3-4 games made in the past is beyond retarded. 

HyLeRo
Please learn what trolling is, moron. Your logic = anyone who doesn't like Resident Evil 6 is a troll.
#50 Posted by theexperience13 (236 posts) -

HyLeRo

THIS. I love the old REs like crazy, but I also love the new ones BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD GAMES TOO