Looks like the worst Resident Evil game ever

• 56 results
#1 Posted by roadkill88 (2313 posts) -

Its like Michael Bay - on his worst day.  Cheap F-Rate action.  I can tell from the trailer alone that its (Poorly) over-written, like 18 Steven Seagal DTV's rolled into one, noisy mess.

What is this garbage?

#2 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1785 posts) -
I still have to see more of it, as I couldn't quite tell what exactly was tranpiring in the trailer.
#3 Posted by SoulSurvivor7 (8 posts) -

The new Leon (10 min) gameplay footage looks pretty good to me .. lil slower paced... not to much ammo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SWshrLp358

I don't judge a game by 10 minutes of gameplay.

Resident Evil 4 was action-oriented, But still, the game was amazing (with capital A).

So let's give RE6 a fair chance.

#4 Posted by nuburoisa (6 posts) -
I wouldn't knock a game off just cause of a few trailers and very little gameplay video's plus, this may turn others off to it rather than having them play the game for themselves. I'd rather play the game myself for the story not cheap thrills or scares which i don't care for anyway, story and replayablity are what matter to me plus playability is more important.I'd rather feel immersed in the story and be able to connect with the characters and understand from his/ hers view point both emotionally and psychologically. A great anime or movie needs the viewer to be able to in some way connect with and empathise with the characters(form a bond with) while having a solid story and plot that "flows" video games also need this if its about action cheap thrills and scares and has no substance behind it like a multilayered story that makes the player feel engrossed in it and able to have a empathetic or sympathetic understanding of the characters, their hopes, dreams, and fears and goals while also adding a human element such as relationship dynamics. I think its absurd in most games the characters are played off as superhuman lacking or showing any human emotion or being a "bad ass" in some cases the characters are stereotypical and don't show very much human to human relations from my view point i could be wrong though, so please correct me if i am?~
#5 Posted by lewishim666 (118 posts) -

Cool. Don't play it then! I'm happy there will be one less ignoramus playing this game.

#6 Posted by adamg78 (636 posts) -

to me Resident Evil 6 looks like it will have really awesome gameplay & will be the most Epic Resident evil yet. thats all I care about

#7 Posted by grvalentine (30 posts) -

I've always been a hardcore RE fan from the beginning. I must say I don't hate RE4 & 5 because of their different gameplay. I actually like everything about it, but not long ago I played through RE remake, 3: Nemesis & Zero just for fun and well they reminded me how actually amazing they are, theres no survival horror in any of the new, the closest you can get is Revelations which is a great game. BACK to RE6... the only thing i'm disappointed in is... well... Jill Valentine not being there....*sad face*

#8 Posted by DaDumb1 (3844 posts) -

From all the gameplay I've seen, the gameplay itself looks really awful. The animation looks like it came straight out of a low-budget bargain bin title and I'm pretty sure real zombies have smarter AI. RE4 was fantastic, RE5 was just RE4 but worse, and this...just looks bad. I hope they at least clean up the animation, because that's the worst part.

#9 Posted by darkanimne (260 posts) -

yeah I think this RE 6 will be OK I just hope a good thing between action and survival horror

#10 Posted by ninjagearsolid7 (425 posts) -

your an idiot TC this game will kick @ss your probabaly mad that leons the main focus an that ugly roided bulky chris ape amn an that stupid jake will not be the main leads ITS leon an leons got the best game play story thus far

#11 Posted by ninjagearsolid7 (425 posts) -

yeah I think this RE 6 will be OK I just hope a good thing between action and survival horror

darkanimne
RE6 will be the best resident evil game yet WAYY BETTER THAN that RE1 rremake RE3 ann RECV an especially betetr than that UGLY ACTION CHRIS ROIDED GAME RE5 im happy with RE6 im glad to see leon win ahs the hero chris will die a painfull death with his stupid roid rage an dark skin leon will forever win!!
#12 Posted by grvalentine (30 posts) -

It's funny how you didn't mention RE2 and RE4, let me guess... another Leon fan! HA!!

I doubt you ever played the remake game, if you did or didn't I recommend you go back and replay it if you were ever into the classic style anyway. RE3 Nemesis is another great game, Code Veronica is too and how can you forget Revelations, now that's what I call a great mixture of survival horror with action, but oh wait Leon is not there so you probably never played it... bah.

RE5 was different but surely didn't fail, I personally really like it, it's just the setting which is off and Chris is perfectly fine so Chill out with this Chris vs Leon thing, it's getting to you. Both RE2 and RE4 are great games too but not my personal favs neither, you might be too Leon-obsessed, just guessing lol.

Anyway RE6 can be great or can suck, whatever it will be... it's just fresh and new.

#13 Posted by crimsonhawk47 (104 posts) -

I think it looks great.  It seems like they fixed a lot of the mobility issues, what with the sliding and all that.  Is it possible to...shoot while moving? 

Of course i only played the first 10 minutes of resident evil 4 and lost it and I have only read the story line of the original resident evil's so maybe that shooting was just for 5.  But I'm just taking a guess that they didnt add stand-only shooting to the game for an "amazing" innovation on 5.

But im concerned.  While I am of course gonna get this (unless it does as bad as raccoon city) it may lose some of Resident Evil 5's character...

*SPOILER ALERT-----RESIDENT EVIL 5 SPOILER ALERT----SPOILER ALERT*

What the hell am I to do without Wesker?  He was without a doubt the dopest villain in any video game next so sephiroth.  And playing as him in mercenaries and versus mode was extremely satisfying.  Now what am i to do...play Marvel vs Capcom?  I hope they have a mercenaries mode and I hope they have a supernatural-style character again. 

#14 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

Its like Michael Bay - on his worst day.  Cheap F-Rate action.  I can tell from the trailer alone that its (Poorly) over-written, like 18 Steven Seagal DTV's rolled into one, noisy mess.

What is this garbage?

roadkill88
"Troll Thread Of The Week" is what this garbage is
#15 Posted by crimsonhawk47 (104 posts) -

I'm a little worried capcom was spread too thin.  They were working on 3ds resident evil games AND dragon's dogma (which parts of it are very lazily done, though its still a good game).  Look what happened to raccoon city.  I hope that resident evil 6 gets special attention. 

#16 Posted by Hebaphrenic (48 posts) -
Yeahh i played ORC but i think that was Capcom's way of quickly creating something in an attempt to hold us off untill RE6 was released. Think about it, has Capcom EVER released a game so horrid and glitchy? No. This is why i think ORC is just a way to tide us over. Im sure they will also patch ORC a bit, even tho it will still suck, it will be slightly less suckier without all the glitches.
#17 Posted by crimsonhawk47 (104 posts) -

Their was some new gameplay shown for resident evil 6, I was impressed. Leon seems really mobile, rolling around and shooting backwards while moving forwards.

#18 Posted by roadkill88 (2313 posts) -

Looks like I was right.  Resident Evil sucks.  The last good Resident Evil game was RE0.  Here are the only RE games worth playing;

RE1

RE:DC

RE2

RE3

RE:GCN

RE:CV

RE0

Capcom desperately trying to money-grab by appealing to idiot 15 year old COD lovers by turning it into a noisy, dull, simpleton mess.  And yes, I didn't like RE4.  Or RE5.

#19 Posted by AdaxWong (4 posts) -
RE6 is amazing I love the demo :D I love all REs and by far this one is the best :D
#20 Posted by Nint3ndoFr3ak64 (0 posts) -
OK, this game might be OK. But i have an even better idea. How bout we get some ex air-force pilot, a guy with an odd accent that wears sunglasses indoors, a totally bad-ass guy that not only cares about his family, but has an even more bad-ass beard, and maybe a potential love interest for the Ex air-force guy? then after there comrade brad fly's away in the helicopter, they find this mansion, and then they get these masks. then this ugly b**ch comes out knocks the guy with the beard into a hole. (if you're a bad player, idk i'm still thinking about it.) Then brad comes back in the morning and they all go live happily ever after.
#21 Posted by Nint3ndoFr3ak64 (0 posts) -
OK, this game might be OK. But i have an even better idea. How bout we get some ex air-force pilot, a guy with an odd accent that wears sunglasses indoors, a totally bad-ass guy that not only cares about his family, but has an even more bad-ass beard, and maybe a potential love interest for the Ex air-force guy? then after there comrade brad fly's away in the helicopter, they find this mansion, and then they get these masks. then this ugly b**ch comes out knocks the guy with the beard into a hole. (if you're a bad player, idk i'm still thinking about it.) Then brad comes back in the morning and they all go live happily ever after.
#22 Posted by bryjoered2007 (96 posts) -

Yeah, you really can't judge a game until you've played it yourself. That being said, RE5 clearly tried to take the action in the series far above what RE4 had and in exchange they took any horror that was the staple of the series and threw it out the window. RE4 was an absolute masterpiece and truly one of the best games ever made, because it was the perfect blend of survival horror and action, along with one of the most robust gun upgrading systems ever for its time. Capcom fails to understand the reason RE5 sold so many copies is because of how exceptional RE4 was. They misinterpreted the success of RE4 solely to be based on its action oriented gameplay and not it's excellent story and horror theme. This is where they are wrong and I refuse to play another Resident evil with no scary horror moments. I'm going to wait for the reviews on this one.

#23 Posted by bryjoered2007 (96 posts) -
Also, If you do not agree that RE4 is one of the best games ever made either you never played it, or your opinion on any game made in the past, present, and future is moot because you have bad taste.
#24 Posted by Hebaphrenic (48 posts) -

RE4 was a great game... Im just not a huge Leon fan. He is ok, i just want more Claire... What happened to poor Claire Redfield who seems to have dissapeared from RE completely?

#25 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1785 posts) -
One thing I will say though, I don't think there will be another RE game with the re-playability as the old RE games.
#26 Posted by Hebaphrenic (48 posts) -

No doubt that RE1-3 were the best, but ive replayed 4 and 5 about 10 times each. I have no doubt i will do the same to RE6.

#27 Posted by crimsonhawk47 (104 posts) -

Did the demo for re6 come out already?  I bought dragon's dogma and got the code. 

#28 Posted by RAD_RADIO (1361 posts) -

I wouldn't make the mistake of calling this Resident Evil 6. In the light of other game franchises, this could be (and should be) considered a spin-off game.

#29 Posted by RAD_RADIO (1361 posts) -

No doubt that RE1-3 were the best, but ive replayed 4 and 5 about 10 times each. I have no doubt i will do the same to RE6.

Hebaphrenic
I don't think anyone doubts that Resident Evil 4 and 5 are excellent games. I played the bloody heck out of both, and still do on occasion. HOWEVER, I'm getting tired of these 'spin-off' resident evil games which have no basis or resemblance of what makes a resident evil game so... resident evil. Give me a damn resident evil game, and stop calling these 3rd person action adventures resident evil. (or add some stupid name on the end like... "Operation: Raccoon city")
#30 Posted by RAD_RADIO (1361 posts) -
Yeahh i played ORC but i think that was Capcom's way of quickly creating something in an attempt to hold us off untill RE6 was released. Think about it, has Capcom EVER released a game so horrid and glitchy? No. This is why i think ORC is just a way to tide us over. Im sure they will also patch ORC a bit, even tho it will still suck, it will be slightly less suckier without all the glitches.Hebaphrenic
If that was a way to "tide us over", remind me to bring my puke bag the next time I try one of Capcom's demos
#31 Posted by Hebaphrenic (48 posts) -

lol Rad, i agree, ORC was horrid and i feel disgusted that i payed 60 dollars for this game on Steam. I do think tho, that it was a quick cheap choppy way for CAPCOM to tide us over, unfortunately all it did was disgust us.

#32 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1785 posts) -
[QUOTE="Hebaphrenic"]

RAD_RADIO
I don't think anyone doubts that Resident Evil 4 and 5 are excellent games. I played the bloody heck out of both, and still do on occasion. HOWEVER, I'm getting tired of these 'spin-off' resident evil games which have no basis or resemblance of what makes a resident evil game so... resident evil. Give me a damn resident evil game, and stop calling these 3rd person action adventures resident evil. (or add some stupid name on the end like... "Operation: Raccoon city")

Rad, I agree with you completely, RE4, and 5, are good games, but they are not true RE games. When I play an RE game, I expect to be scared senseless, and RE4, 5, and probably 6 do not have the ability to do that. Sure, you had lots of enemies, but you had plenty of guns and ammo to take care of them, and even had the ability to kick and punch the crap out of them as well. and that does not make a horror game, thats an action game. In the first games, sure you had guns, but ammo was scarce, and guns did not guarantee you were gonna make it get through an area alive. Other survival horror games like Amnesia: The Dark Decent show you what a real horror game should be, with limited, or completely none-existent defense, and the constant feeling or dread of not knowing where the enemy or enemies are going to be. Doom 3 tried to be scary, but fell flat IMO, nothing but stupid predictable jump scares. I've pretty much lost all faith in the RE series, and have actually been playing the old ones, which I still find wicked scary even today, that it's really tough to play through them LOL
#33 Posted by Katana190 (1 posts) -
ORC was only Published by Capcom so just in case you didn't know :)
#34 Posted by Energize123 (31 posts) -

I don't think it looks like the worst Resident Evil game ever Survivor 2 Code Veronica is the worst. Now that was a truly terrible game.

#35 Posted by maxp84 (389 posts) -

As a fan of RE since the original.  I was 12 back in 1996.  im 28 now... i've played 1-5.... One was amazing.  Two they really amped up and took it to the next level.  3 was very much like 2 but it was just as awesome if not a little more so.  4 took it in a different direction completely.  I liked it but it didn't have the same appeal was the first 3... 5 was entertaining but not as impressionable.  5 was a mixed bag.  Some good some bad.... 6?? I have no clue.  But seeing Chris and Leon meet for the first time is gonna be kinda cool.  They are two icons from the series who have never crossed paths.  I'm interested to say the least.

#36 Posted by Hebaphrenic (48 posts) -

This thread has gone on for quite some time and after re-reading it, I just thought about something. Did it ever occur to us (myself included) that when we were playing the original RE series and getting scared that we were tweens? And now that we are 20+, we just arent scared as easy? Lawl, just a thought.

#37 Posted by pearlboy601 (195 posts) -
^^^^ exactly, people have to realize that we're not 8,9,10 years old anymore. Of course things that scared us then are not going to scare us now. It's part of the maturation process. I think one thing RE6 needs to focus on is jump scares. Those work for any age group because they're sudden and unexpected. They Dead Space series does wonders with this and that's why the series is well loved. But hey, that's like my opinion
#38 Posted by sweetSWA99ER (58 posts) -

I've been a fan of this series since the beginning... and as soon as you read that, you probably rolled your eyes and knew exactly what I was going to say next, right? This is where I wave my cane in anger and shout "well back in mah day BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

I actually started my fanship for the RE series with Resident Evil 4, and it, to this day, is still my favorite RE title. It focused more on action, sure, but it still scared the living s#!t out of me and my brothers; to a point where we'd pass the controller to someone else when the sewer boss came up, or when you could hear a regenerador hissing from around the corner. The atmosphere was still there. The heart-thomping suspense was still there. Deciding whether or not to drop your shotgun ammo for 2 first-aid spray was still there. The only real downsides were the emphasis on killing enemies, linear environmental progression, purchasing weapons, and the cheesy melodramatic voice acting (but wasn't that apart of the series since day one?). I agree that RE5 was a shameless departure, but anyone who says "RE4 wasn't scary in the slightest" or "RE4 was an action game" is ether lying through their teeth for the sake of the argument, didn't play it, is a fearless badass, or is so blinded by their nostalgia goggles that they just could never enjoy it (but then there's also playing it casually for funny commentary). I went back and played RE2 and RE3 (and god do I still want to play the REmake), and I can see where you long-time fans are coming from. But can you please stop using "I've been a fan since blah blah blah" as a high horse to attack every new game based on the trailer alone? I can see why you're upset, but WOW can you be dramatic. I know the more rational, open-minded fans have got to see the humor in how the people who are chaining themselves to apple trees over this, are the ones who will be first in line. Let's all at least rent it, and play it for ourselves before we decide to pull out our torches an pitchforks, ok?

#41 Posted by SepticTank53 (3 posts) -
As a person who's first RE experience was re1:directors cut, i really don't want to hear the argument that i am not a true RE fan. One major fact i need to throw out is that my personal favorite RE game is RE3:Nemesis. Old style controls/camera, ammo reloading tool to make getting the ammo you need a bit more reasonable while still restricting your ammo supply and keeping the horror, dodge function (which if you didn't know, was not added until AFTER a nemesis battle was play tested) and of course good ole nemesis himself - all put together made my favorite RE experience of all time. But for those "hardcore RE fans" out their, RE 4 and, yes, RE 5 were GREAT games. Sure they strayed from some of the key elements of the old style (camera, "zombies", action vs horror ratio), but they are still great games. Since RE 1 the human mutation has been the cause of a human-made virus, so the ganados and majini are NOT straying from the series. In the old RE games, the human mutation caused by the virus created a zombie-like creature, not zombies. Ganados and majini are simply proof that, even tho chris, leon, jill, and claire have all averted different crisis', the virus research is still advancing, and of course wesker is the perfected result that is expected out of the viral research. So, here is my point of view: RE1, 2, 3, CV - Great games that stapled the series, although CV to me felt like a lesser crisis (an island and the antarctic are exactly important locations for terrorism) RE4 - Evolved the series, show viral advancement (storyline-wise), and the action-based gameplay also was a bit necessary to the mutated enemies you face now RE5 - storyline-wise... more of a filler. I won't replay the storyline much because i found the boss battles a bit lacking. The final fight with wesker before his transformation was fun, and ouroboros excella was a nice way to view how the new strain of virus was moving along. The only storyline part that made this game notable was the result of the final boss battle, as we all should know what it was. I do spend much time playing mercenaries reunion tho, and hopefully mercenaries won't stray from this format (tho if i'm correct melee's in re6 almost assuringly kill, so no more damage ratios and learning your character i guess). Coop in RE 5 was an EXCELLENT addition to the series, but the lighting of re5 is where the horror was taken away. As the developers commented in an interview "we weren't sure coop would be a good idea to bring to the series, but then we thought it's the same as entering a haunted house with your friend". They screwed up the horror element that still existed in RE4 by making the atmosphere in re5 too bright. RE4 lost much of it's creepiness that the previous titles had due to the sounds within the game not syncing up to a "horror" title. The simple lack of "zombies moaning" takes a lot out of the series. I think in general that most people who entered the series with RE4 and the others who entered the series at a previous title are overthinking the game in general. A game is meant to be fun, and if you can't enjoy the lowered sense of horror, then bummed out you are, but it doesn't make the game bad. If you miss the horror, I'm with you 100%, but i still play re5 mercs day to day in anticipation of RE6. I have played the E3 demos (downloadable if you have Dragons Dogma) and the gameplay is awkward to RE5 players and RE4 players alike, but with a little adjustment it's really fun (chris's demo, the others blew because of 8 minutes of walking and only 2 minutes of playtime and exploring). The mobility is nice, the return of "zombies" is exciting, and the ability to use a green herb or first aid spray without having to open the inventory menu (mapped to a button) is also a lovely new feature.
#42 Posted by sweetSWA99ER (58 posts) -

Coop in RE 5 was an EXCELLENT addition to the series, but the lighting of re5 is where the horror was taken away. As the developers commented in an interview "we weren't sure coop would be a good idea to bring to the series, but then we thought it's the same as entering a haunted house with your friend". They screwed up the horror element that still existed in RE4 by making the atmosphere in re5 too bright. RE4 lost much of it's creepiness that the previous titles had due to the sounds within the game not syncing up to a "horror" title. The simple lack of "zombies moaning" takes a lot out of the series. I think in general that most people who entered the series with RE4 and the others who entered the series at a previous title are overthinking the game in general. A game is meant to be fun, and if you can't enjoy the lowered sense of horror, then bummed out you are, but it doesn't make the game bad.SepticTank53

I'm with you there. Adding Co-op to RE5 is NOT what killed the horror, it was the lack of atmosphere and the emphasis on killing enemies in an arcade-like manner. When RE5 first started out, it was still single player, Chris sounded like his original self, and they were introducing a new form of horror: sun light. As Chris stayed out in the sun, he'd become more and more exhausted and would start hallucinating after a while (that was a damn fine idea for a survival horror game, and one that we havent seen before). Somewhere down the line is when they decided to start making it an action game, but making it co-op is not an excuse for the abandonment of surival horror! Capcom could've evolutionized the genre once again by introducing co-op in a format that complimented and steered the genre in a direction that was unique to RE5... instead, they decided to mutilate what they already had for the sake of appealing to the casual shooter, and that's what annoys me to this day. RE5 was a wasted opportunity. However, like you said, just because it fails in survival horror, doesn't mean it's a bad game. I sold it a while ago, but I still have fond memories of the splitscreen co-op between my brother and I. Right now, the only thing that annoys me with RE6 is the apparent exclusion of the ability to share weapons and ammo with your co-op partner (although anyone who played RE5 in singleplayer will appreciate that). That, and the possiblity of ruined splitscreen like Lost Planet 2.

#43 Posted by richardsiegers (2 posts) -
I wish COD fanboys like you would not play Resident Evil
#44 Posted by richardsiegers (2 posts) -
Please **** off Call of duty fanboy retard
#45 Posted by bryjoered2007 (96 posts) -
As someone said the reason why RE4 is the best in the series is because it retains the horror elements that made the series great while also having great action and one of the best weapon upgrading systems (for its time). I mean I can remember just sitting looking at the village in the very beginning of RE4, knowing that once I ran in there a chainsaw wielding maniac would chase me along with what seemed like hundreds of villagers. I was scared. The regenerators were also very scary as was the blind "garradors". The reason the series is as successful as it is today is because of RE4, not because of the old games. RE4 is a masterpiece.
#46 Posted by DaDumb1 (3844 posts) -

^^^^ exactly, people have to realize that we're not 8,9,10 years old anymore. Of course things that scared us then are not going to scare us now. It's part of the maturation process. I think one thing RE6 needs to focus on is jump scares. Those work for any age group because they're sudden and unexpected. They Dead Space series does wonders with this and that's why the series is well loved. But hey, that's like my opinionpearlboy601

Jump scares are just a cheap way to have artificial scariness when you can't think of any truly unique way to induce fear.

#47 Posted by Aztec_Soul (542 posts) -

Based on what I've experienced with the demo, I am extremely disappointed. The only bright spot for me is Leon's playthrough, where the game didn't seem to deviate too much from a proper zombie survival shooter. Even so, I think the parter AI aspect took a backstep from RE5, in which I felt more in tune with a fellow parter with commands and weapon inventory. All in all, I can honestly say I'm less excited about RE6 now. It just deviated into something I wouldn't find fun anymore, especially from the Chris playthrough.

#48 Posted by InquisitorCrox (616 posts) -
I was too quick to dismiss such pre-mature criticism, my faith on the Resi series was too profound, and althought 4,5,ROC are not as good as 1,2,3, CV and Zero, i actually enjoyed 4,5, heck even ROC as well. But this time... they have gone too far, after playing the demo, i have the impression that this will be far worse than ROC it self...
#49 Posted by mikezer0 (1 posts) -
I know for a fact this game will be the worst Resident Evil of them all. I have plenty of sources who have press releases of this game for the sole purpose of reviewing it. The verdict is pretty much already out on this one, guys. And it saddens me deeply to say this, but this game as series has been whored out to the max in this release. It's like they took something from every "popular" game out there and rehashed it into some type of cinematic choppy, half assed throw up. When this game comes out people will understand. Please don't get mad at me for speaking the truth! This games is going to be a disaster, though. Long time fans are going to be pissed. It's like a cut scene every **** minute.
#50 Posted by tocool340 (20543 posts) -
Resident Evil Survivor would like to have a word with you. Also Resident Evil Gaiden...