How does this game hold up in comparison to RE5?

#1 Posted by Paper_Mario_4 (571 posts) -

It seems like this game was a distaster according to critics of all kinds but is it really that bad. RE5 was an OKAY RE game so how does RE6 compare to that? 

#2 Posted by darkziosj (166 posts) -

It seems like this game was a distaster according to critics of all kinds but is it really that bad. RE5 was an OKAY RE game so how does RE6 compare to that? 

Paper_Mario_4

Add the bad things about re5, add 1000 times more QTE, infinite respawing enemies, and no effort to kill anything and there u go.

#3 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -

[QUOTE="Paper_Mario_4"]

darkziosj

Add the bad things about re5, add 1000 times more QTE, infinite respawing enemies, and no effort to kill anything and there u go.

just a little dramatic don't ya think
#4 Posted by Paper_Mario_4 (571 posts) -

[QUOTE="Paper_Mario_4"]

darkziosj

Wow...You know, games on all platforms seem to be getting easier by the year. I really, really, really wish that developers would start to understand that humans love challenges. Resident Evil is about surviving in a horrific setting. Key words being SURVIVE and HORRIFIC. I really don't understand why these game companies are so lazy. They are working on a huge project and they choose to tarnish the Resident Evil name. Capcom, go home you increasingly disappointing company. Thanks for the two gameboy color Zeldas though, those were great.
#5 Posted by zezezemolskee9 (68 posts) -
Depends, everybodies different. 1. There are a lot of QTE's, even in Leon's there are a couple, however, if you're not retarded they aren't too bad. 2. It's a lot like the original with ammo and health. Instead of having too much ammo like in 5, you're most of the time running around with a gun that has no ammo, and melee isn't something you can use all the time, because you get surrounded a lot, you'll also be very stingy with your healing items. Some people complain they don't give you enough, i think they do, you don't have to fight everyone. Sometimes you do, but you can run away in some situations. 3. If there's one thing Gamespot and ign and other reviewers overexaggerated on it was the cutscenes, there are a lot, but they don't ruin your immersion. 4. Ai's a lot better than resi 5, the ai is invincible which for me is annoying, but a lot of people like. They also never run out of ammo, again annoying imo. They can be slow to get to you when you need healing, but they know how to kill lol. 5. Healing is more of a convenience than 5, seeing as 5 made healing more difficult. 6. A lot of enemies, different speeds, different stregths, zombies in leon's campaign, and a lot more, any difficulty above normal is a challenge. Sometime not knowing the area to well can get you into trouble, and you might have to make fast decisions. 7. Chris's story is more darker in 6 than 5, in the beginning it's action heavy, but it does get better.
#6 Posted by theexperience13 (236 posts) -

[QUOTE="Paper_Mario_4"]

darkziosj

No effort to kill anything????????? What difficulty are you playing on? Im just on Veteran and it takes a decent chunk of a pistol clip to bring zombies down, and I do nothing but head shots (or at least try to.)

And I'll gladly welcome infinite respawning enemies, even though I have yet to encounter that in this game.

And as for all the quick time events, WHAT ARE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? The intro, yes, is nothing but quick time events almost, but I'm really confused. The way people complain about how "there's too many quick time events" just makes me think they get grabbed by zombies every other second and they never played 4 or 5

#7 Posted by zezezemolskee9 (68 posts) -
I thought all the cool people that like to complain about the game being easy played it on amateur? lol. On veteran to, haven't even tried professional, but i'm sure it'll be a **** And i think there's rumors about a difficulty higher then professional, not sure if it's bullsht though. People are overexaggerating over everything about the game. In the graveyard i think they're infinite respawns, and whenver the game pretty much tells you to get the **** away, they're infintite respawns, but if you don't listen you deserve to die. Horror, means you don't have to kill everything.