For some people who like the game (Trollers, sit... stay)

#1 Posted by gunner406 (381 posts) -

I'm not saying this game isn't without flaw: God knows that I'm not a fan of this new direction the series is going in. But... I really don't think the game is all that bad. I've beat Leon's campaign and I am half-way through Chris's and I'm actually enjoying it. Not to the point where I can't put it down, but it's surprising me. The story is kind of weak, but the voice acting is pretty strong. Chris seems to be more of a tragic hero now with all sorts of problems, which was lightyears away from the fridge with a head he was in RE5. I disklike how the franchise has become a call-of-duty, here's-a-gun, kill-a-bunch-of-jerks-as-we-tell-you-exactly-where-to-go type game... There is no exploration, no suspense, no puzzles, no backtracking.... but I see all these people saying how awful it is, and seeing it for what it is, I just want to know if there are people out there who, like me, at least think it's entertaining. 

I'm prepared for trollage, but if you can just limit your shenanigans for the other haters. Thanks. 

#2 Posted by OldKye (393 posts) -

I'd agree i liked it as someone pointed out in another thread it got the same score as Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City i'd say this isn't a perfect game too but operation raccoon city was unplayable it's with the new duke nukem in my pile of games that are so bad i couldn't even play it for a few hours RE6 on the other hand has kept me entertained for over 50 hours now and i'm still playing it on that fact alone even if you hated it i couldn't see it being under a 6.5-7 been trying to see the logic.

#3 Posted by fasteddy_1 (18 posts) -
I agree with you. I've been entertained by this game for 25+ hours, lots of fun. I already knew Resident Evil was moving towards the Action side of gaming, and I don't mind at all. I played Resident Evil 2 recently, and felt it was moving slow, still a great game too.

Aiming for Veteran completion next, should be about as difficult with skill purchases.

#4 Posted by Virtual_Erkan (988 posts) -

The game is more fun with co-op. Like it happened to you, I couldn't also leave the controller too. I just keep coming back.

#5 Posted by Carrot3D (6 posts) -

The game is better than the 4.5 that ORC got. ORC actually did deserve a 4.5, but this game doesn't. It's a shame that Gamespot does not allow another one of it's staff to review the game again, because the flawed review from Kevin only shows somebody who clearly didn't even play the game.

#6 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
I have been enjoying this game also,I really dont care what people have to say about it.If I like it,then im going to play it, plain and simple
#7 Posted by gunner406 (381 posts) -

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. I mean like I said before, I really don't like the direction it went in... I haven't bough a new Call of Duty since Black Ops because I'm tired of the same formula over and over and over again. I hate spoon fed games that require nothing but an index finger and good eyesight. Make me think! I wanna backtrack again, and be stuck, and have crappy door opening sequences lol.. well maybe not those, but where are my puzzles? It's not a total pile of crap, but it needs to change. Again. A reboot back to form would be nice but the same action junkies hating on it now will be the same ones saying its all boring. I dunno. I feel like most of the American public can't go more than 5 minutes without a pretty explosion or a machine gun.

#8 Posted by OmegaAK47 (875 posts) -

I agree 100%, this isn't a "bad" game at all. I'm having fun playing co-op and single player. There may be some parts I don't care for but this game is still a fun game. This is one of the few times that I really think the review score was really really off.  I never really say that about reviewers but this time idk....... :roll:

#9 Posted by Funeral_Fan (1019 posts) -
If you think of this game as being an over the top ridiculous action game then its very enjoyable.
#10 Posted by MrGamerDerek (3 posts) -
It's not that it's a bad game. It's a very high quality production as you'd expect from Capcom and it's got a good story line with good voice acting so I always like to see where the storyline will go. I just think that the game play here (and in RE5) is very linear and rather boring. It's not just RE6, a lot of games nowadays have gone this way whereby it kind of holds your hand all the way through telling you where to go and what to do every step of the way. The player no longer has to make any decisions and there's absolutely no kind of cerebral challenge involved. The thing I love about the old games is the way you got thrown into a situation and had to start exploring to figure a way out without any help. I don't want a return to the old fashioned clunky controls, static backgrounds, comically bad voice acting e.t.c. Really wish Capcom could make a game that combines the best of the old and the new.
#11 Posted by Brifowil28 (13 posts) -

I just got the game and I enjoy it just got through Leon's Campaign and I'm onto to Chris' campaign now. I don't get why people get so upset because they keep wanting a game like RE1 and 2 but that would be insulting to fans intelligence. I mean people complain that now it's become more action like well the outbreak has spread, Chris and Leon have been fighting Umbrella and BOW's for damn near 20 years now. It would be almost stupid to expect characters like them to not be ready for attacks. The only storyline that would work that could bring RE back to it's roots would be to introduce a new character. He or she could be someone who works in a facility where an outbreak has happen and he or she is trying to escape with limited ammo and back tracking and stuff like that. For Leon Chris Claire Ada that's been doing this for a while so it would seem silly for them to not be prepared. Honestly I think people are just nitpicking too much. 

#12 Posted by resident_jisen (345 posts) -

i`ve been playing over 100+ hours and i still love playing this game.i don`t see why people are making this game look so bad for.even gamespots review i feel is unjust to it.and the reason gave for such a low score i don`t see them at all.like some people are saying it not perfect it better than some or most of the game i played this year.