Remember me reminds me of Bioshock 1

#1 Posted by dhuyd (25 posts) -

While playing through Remember me, I started to notice some similarities with Bioshock 1.

First off: Both are dystopias based on promised utopias 

Most Prominently: Leapers remind me of splicers

Edge reminds me of Atlas (Even though Edge's secret identity was hidden for a good cause and Atlas's was hidden for evil)

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by StipeP (25 posts) -

Now that you say it - it is simmilar!

But I found out something more interesting. Anyone remembers (lol) a game called Tabula Rasa?
Check out the box art: http://www.gamespot.com/tabula-rasa/videos/tabula-rasa-official-trailer-7-6185559/ It's Nilin! And it's called Tabula Rasa - like they erased my memory at the beginning of the game and now I don't remember anything. Interesting coincidence 

#3 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2074 posts) -

Interesting and fairly accurate parallels there.

Today for the first time toward the end of my 4th run on Memory Hunter with a fresh start I noticed Charles Cartier-Wells is a lot like L. Ron Hubbard. His "Scientology" involves tapping into bad memories (engrams) of their members to try and free (clear) them of their bad influence. 

Of course L. Ron Hubbard is widely regarded as a charlatan though, and I can't say I believe any of his so called "teachings" either, especially given all the ridiculous control their senior members try and exert over members, and when they're caught at it and using celebs to promote their "religion", they always deny it.

#4 Posted by khatibi22 (7315 posts) -

There are similarities indeed. Nevertheless there are severalparallels in almost all sci-fi games for example the stealing memory act is repeatedinother games as well, thoug it is not the memory but the energy, mana, life etc..

Despitethis, " Remember Me" is a unique exclusive gaming experience per se.

#5 Posted by khatibi22 (7315 posts) -

But I found out something more interesting. Anyone remembers (lol) a game called Tabula Rasa?

StipeP

Sure. Though I never had the chance to play that game.