This is the game we all wanted the original Red Steel to be!

User Rating: 8.5 | Red Steel 2 WII
IF YOU WOULD RATHER WATCH MY REVIEW INSTEAD OF READING IT, GO TO http://www.youtube.com/user/FreQuenczy
And remember to Comment, Rate, and SUBSCRIBE!!! :)

It's time for the Red Steel 2 review! For the Wii!

As the name implies, this is the sequel to the original Red Steel, although the stories are not related to each other.

The story is about the last Kusagari who has come back to a town, after being banished for five years, via dragged behind a motorcycle by the leader of the Jackal gang. After he escapes, he returns to his old master who says that you need to retrieve the katana that the gang leader stole from you. This is only the very beginning of the story, and there is a lot more, but I won't spoil anything.

The game is set in the old west, but incorporates eastern elements, and some of the technology seems futuristic. I do like the time and placement period! I think it was cool to add west and east elements. I do think it's a bit odd, but I like it nonetheless.

Unlike its predecessor, you're able to take out your enemies with your selections of different guns or your sword at anytime in the game, which was very nice, since the original Red Steel didn't let you do this.

The graphics are excellent! They are not dull, but very detailed and smooth! I love how they decided to go with cel-shaded, instead of the realistic graphics that they did in the previous Red Steel.

The controls are excellent and very precise! The Wii-Motion Plus makes playing this game so much fun! I rarely had any problems with the preciseness of my sword swings or with the special moves which are very fun to pull off, and they DO help A LOT in battle!

Along with your main quest, there are also a lot of side quests! If you're a frequent watcher/reader of my reviews, (Link at the top!) :) you know I'm a sucker for side quests, so I really liked this feature!

There was one thing in this game that was good, but I found to be a little odd. Now to buy upgrades and new weapons, you need money of course. And where do you get money? Well you get it for completing your quests, but also a lot of if comes from boxes and containers and even garbage bags! Why are people throwing out cash!? You don't really need to worry about money in this game, because it's virtually everywhere! I'm not too sure what to make of this. Although this does benefit you, it just seems like it makes purchasing items and upgrades too easy!

The voice acting was, so-so. Some of it was pretty good, but others, not so much. Like I think they cast the wrong person to do the sensei's voice.
Overall, Red Steel 2 is a great game, and I definitely recommend it. It's a lot better than its predecessor, mainly due to the heightened controls! But the upgrades and new sword techniques that actually work also play a big part in the greatness of this game!

The only downsides that I found were one, the story. I don't know, it just seemed a little stupid. Two, the voice acting could have been better, and three, cash is virtually everywhere, which makes purchasing items and upgrades too easy!

But overall, it's still a very fun game! If the original Red Steel left a bad taste in your mouth which makes you cautious about this game, don't worry. I think you'll be surprised and have a lot of fun with it!

This game gets a 4.25/5 with the title of Awesome!

Ratings:
0=COMPLETE AND ULTIMATE FAIL!!!!!
.25-.75=Total Crap!
1-1.5 = Horrible!
1.75-2.5=Bad
2.75-3.5=Good
3.75-4.25=Awesome!
4.5-4.75=EPIC!!!
5=MONUMENTALLY AND SUPREMELLY PERFECT!!!!!